PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 C4 2.5 5 cyl tdi AEL

jubbly
12-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Hi,

My Audi is loosing some oil round the rocker cover, I've changed the gasket and 4 rubber grommets on the top but the oil is still p155ing out.

I have also noticed that if I remove the oil cap there is loads of back preasure.

Is there a filter that can be changed to cure this?

Please note this is a 1997 and a 5 cyl not the V6.

Cheers

Paul

martin4play
12-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Hiya
Drain the oil ,get some flushing oil run the engine till its hot ,drain it Then fit a audi oil filter or blue point Put some good oil in it [ Castrol ] Could be a by-pass hose blocked but im not sure if there is one on your car

Im sure someone else might know

paul b
12-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Just to emphasise choice of oil is important. Running Shell Helix made my Audi much smoother on acceleration.
Paul

lonky
12-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Sounds like a clogged suction jet pump.

Audi's V6's have one. It is used to keep a negative pressue on the rockers so preventing the oil being pushed out.
Also check the hoses from the pump to the rocker, as if they are clogged you will have the same problem

I would imagine the same is true on yours.

Costs about £18, and takes under an hour to fit.

jubbly
13-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Sounds like a clogged suction jet pump.

Audi's V6's have one. It is used to keep a negative pressue on the rockers so preventing the oil being pushed out.
Also check the hoses from the pump to the rocker, as if they are clogged you will have the same problem

I would imagine the same is true on yours.

Costs about £18, and takes under an hour to fit.

Where is the suction jet pump??

lonky
13-02-2008, 06:13 PM
It is plumbed into the vacumn for the brake servo, and the rocker covers, so follow the pipes.

This article will show you what it looks like on the V6 petrol

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng67.shtml

mine was dripping oil everywhere, changed rocker gaskets to little effect. Changed the pump and after gunking the engine down, it's remained oil free.
Oil smell took about a week to go after the clean down.

jubbly
13-02-2008, 09:43 PM
It is plumbed into the vacumn for the brake servo, and the rocker covers, so follow the pipes.

This article will show you what it looks like on the V6 petrol

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng67.shtml

mine was dripping oil everywhere, changed rocker gaskets to little effect. Changed the pump and after gunking the engine down, it's remained oil free.
Oil smell took about a week to go after the clean down.

There's nothing like that on the 5 cyl the servo pipe runs from the rocker to the servo with nothing in it at all.