PDA

View Full Version : A6 3.tdi Quattro "Vibration"

kasbridge
11-02-2008, 09:42 PM
All,
New to this forum so hi!

Just picked up an 18month old 3.0tdi Le Mans today, love the car but have noticed a slight engine vibration more like a resonance between 1400-2400 revs which I can feel and hear, otherwise engine is silky smooth, worst under load.

Any ideas or is this a "characteristic" of the car.

All help appreciated,
Thanks,
Kevin.
PS Car is under Audi warranty.

paul b
11-02-2008, 11:15 PM
It could be an engine mounting bracket. One recently broke on my other car, an Astra. I imagine this would be covered by the Audi warranty, it shouldn't take a clued up mechy very long to sort it. The fact that you mention that the vibration only occurs when it is under load sort of explains it.
Paul

PAH
12-02-2008, 01:11 AM
Not normal I'm afraid.

I have a 2006 A6 3.0tdi S-line Quattro saloon, so similar car to you. Mine is silky-smooth all the way through the rev-range.

Suggest you get it back to the dealer, and demonstrate it to them, whilst it is under warranty.

kasbridge
12-02-2008, 05:55 AM
PAH,
Thanks willdo, the other symptom I have is a light vibration through the steering wheel at idle, I take it that you don't get this either?
Thanks,
Kevin.

paul b
12-02-2008, 01:10 PM
That can still be caused by an engine mounting. Possibly other things but an engine mounting would be the cheapest thing to try first.
Paul