PDA

View Full Version : How to get into a car with the keys inside

dazza01
11-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi, it goes from bad to worse, any ideas how to get into my golf gti when the keys are locked inside, is there a way, or shall i smash a window!

passat>sport
11-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Is it 5 door? Smash the Quarter glass it's cheaper :D

Seriously though, have you tried pulling the window strip off and poking about with a hack saw blade or something.

Or maybe call the lock smiths.

Erfaan56
11-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Hi,

OK,

can you see the keys?

The alarm will go off so warn your neighbours

The RAC will get your keys out too . . .

Can you see the door open button?

PRISE THE DOOR WITH A PLASTIC (wrap it in cloth to protect your paint) WEDGE

then using a bit of wire (STRONG coat hanger) poke inside and press the button or get a bit of wire with a hook on the end and hook the keys out.

good luck,

Erf

dazza01
11-02-2008, 10:04 PM
i can't see the keys, there in the boot!

Erfaan56
11-02-2008, 10:12 PM
Hi,

I once got into a Mercedes with a long piece of wire with a hook on the end.

You put the wire in through one door and hook the opposite door handle.

It's almost impossible but not completely impossible

Good luck.

You need to wedge the door open as much as you can. My golf opened about 3 inches!

GOOD LUCK

passat>sport
11-02-2008, 10:15 PM
Hi,

I once got into a Mercedes with a long piece of wire with a hook on the end.

You put the wire in through one door and hook the opposite door handle.

It's almost impossible but not completely impossible

Good luck.

You need to wedge the door open as much as you can. My golf opened about 3 inches!

GOOD LUCK

Would that be called T,W,O,C :biglaugh:

Bognor_tyres
11-02-2008, 10:26 PM
What year is the Golf?

dazza01
11-02-2008, 10:29 PM
99, and there in the boot

Dj_Ghost
12-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Is it 5 door? Smash the Quarter glass it's cheaper :D

Quarter glass is actualy costs more expensive than a drive side glass :buttkick:

OzzyDan
12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
dont know if this works (prob not) someone sent it to me via email but its worth a go if you have a spare key and before you smash your glass.

Dan

"Have you locked your keys in the car?"Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.
Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having todrive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).
Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone!'

passat>sport
12-02-2008, 12:56 PM
:D
Quarter glass is actualy costs more expensive than a drive side glass

Who said anything about the drivers side glass?

Maybe I was talking about busting the door lock! :buttkick::D Double butt kick :D

bora(ing) nick
12-02-2008, 01:11 PM
dont know if this works (prob not) someone sent it to me via email but its worth a go if you have a spare key and before you smash your glass.

Dan

"Have you locked your keys in the car?"Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.
Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having todrive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk).
Editor's Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone!'

:beerchug:

Doesn't work pal... let me find the thread (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=88009)... I got a right royal slating for this a few months back, lol

:beerchug:

Nick

Sam
12-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Obviously the first thing is do you have any spare keys?

If you have AA or RAC cover they will "get into" your car for you.

Last resort is a towel and a brick and a lot more effort than you actually think.

me11
27-11-2008, 10:14 PM
i can understand the frustration of wanting to get your keys back but asking for the answer on a forum is really not the way to do it (rac or aa or similar is the answer), I actually do know how as doing this is part of my job and is very easy without doing any damaged at all (takes less than a minute) but for security reasons i would never post this on a forum for all would be thieves to read!

also i have to say the mobile phone idea really made me laugh and i would never even contemplate such an idea as it really is nonesense and a total waste of time trying, i dont know who ever thought up that one but they really should try and get out a little more !!

v6dub
28-11-2008, 05:08 PM
I think the best way is as was said in another reply is to use a wooden wedge and a cloth carefully knock the wood between the top of the door and the roof when you have a small opening, with a stiff length of wire with a bend to loop around the handle and pull it to open the door then you can get your keys out of the boot. no need for the rac or aa or even worse smash a window.

Borab0y
28-11-2008, 10:06 PM
We had this problem with my wifes beetle, she left the key in the car and the spare was in her handbag, which was in the car.... dont ask me how it locked and set the alarm, its still a mystery to me.

The AA got in but he had to power the car up the first, wont say how on here.

Needed power cos the deadlocks were on and he couldn't pull the interior door handle.

gaz_aot@hotmail
29-11-2008, 01:39 PM
We had this problem with my wifes beetle, she left the key in the car and the spare was in her handbag, which was in the car.... dont ask me how it locked and set the alarm, its still a mystery to me.

The AA got in but he had to power the car up the first, wont say how on here.

Needed power cos the deadlocks were on and he couldn't pull the interior door handle.

once he was in why didn't he just use the key

stuart
29-11-2008, 02:19 PM

Dan

From what I read.... this was a hoax;) be nice to be proved wrong though

MalcQV
29-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Happened to me once many years ago on the first brand new car we had ever owned. The AA came and unlocked it in a couple of mins without damaging it. Cars have better security now but judging from one of the posts above it can be done.

I have seen the AA unlock a Murcielago with the keys in the ignition and the engine running. They are good at it (the AA not Lambos :p). It was a midly famous Lambo too.

adamss24
30-11-2008, 10:10 AM
I have seen the AA unlock a Murcielago with the keys in the ignition and the engine running. They are good at it (the AA not Lambos :p).

Yeah, they are good at messing things up ! Me friend sharan cut out because of dreaded relay 109, gues what the AA does ? Spray Easy Start to check the engine then gave it a jump start and he conected the leads the wrong way round... The result, a fried out ECU ... Another, had the aux drive belt jump off then wrapped itself around the crankshaft pulley. Engine stops, the AA man came to look at, inspects the cambelt wich jumped 2-3 teeth then tell the guy to crank the engine to see if the engine starts on Easy Start. Result: all 8 valves bent, severely dammaged camshaft and 2 piston crowns punched by the valves...Forgot to say car was iddling when the drivebelt fell and cut out instantly ! Me mate did not even try to start the engine again after it cut- off ! I had the same thing happened to a similar car and all i needed to do is just replace the cambelt kit and reset the timing...No harm done !

jonathanfenton
08-12-2008, 10:36 AM

Dan

If he had a spare key wouldnt he just open the car as i am sure he is not on this furum on his mobile phone lol

kasper1287
18-12-2008, 05:18 PM

Dan

Never herd of this? Does it work. I would have thought there would have been to many different radio waves???

MalcQV
19-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Never herd of this? Does it work. I would have thought there would have been to many different radio waves???

No it does not work. It is a load of bolox. How does the RF signal from a key fob travel down a phone line? More to the point how is it emitted from the ear speaker on the other parties phone?

As I said it is just a joke. :p

euroslap
19-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Have you ever tried the hold your fob against your head to double the signal range? That funnily enough does work! :biglaugh:

MalcQV
19-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Have you ever tried the hold your fob against your head to double the signal range? That funnily enough does work! :biglaugh:

Yep and I find if I open my mouth it works better...

Actually the last part is bolllox but I reckon if you want to look stupid you may as well go all the way :p

locodice
21-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Well mate me and my lass have just tried that and it doesnt work. i was stood at the end of the street and did exactly what you said. the only outcome is that I got wet because it was raining.........cheers

VAGMAN54
21-01-2009, 10:38 PM
yeah,did the same with a bmw mini 80 miles away...worked a treat

Sam
22-01-2009, 02:42 PM
yeah,did the same with a bmw mini 80 miles away...worked a treat

Er are you sure, or did I miss the sarcasm

VAGMAN54
22-01-2009, 08:17 PM
check out topgear they did it,tell clarkson what you reckon

Sam
23-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Which "trick" did you try - you didn't quote anything.

Mobile phone / keyfob or keyfob / side of your head?

80 miles away sounds a bit optimistic for the side of the head trick.

rayman1970
17-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Well our golf auto locked with only key in mrs's handbag. Only way in way via window. Using a wedge can warp your door apparently so didnt wanna go there. We did the windscreen cos it was more fun but be warned they are a nightmare cos they are laminated. The chap from autoglass was astounded as to how such a hole could have been made. We said we were shocked too lol

To everyone that buys a golf mk4 with one key - GET A SPARE NOW! don't wait like we did.

size12
21-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Or you could have just called an auto locksmith I open golfs in about 30 seconds without any damage. and for less than your windscreen exess :D

No through car methods IE grabbing door handles will work as the car auto deadlocks.

andaru8
23-02-2009, 10:29 PM
dont ask how i know this,,but, if you want to gain access to almost ANY car with door buttons..read on.,,,get yourself a length of that packing strip stuff.you know the stuff.usually round big cardboard boxes and stuff.
fold it tightly in half(bite down on the fold to make it tight)and push it through the door rubber nearest the button.
still holding onto both ends of the strip,make it loop by pulling/pushing opposite ends of the strip and wiggle it down over the button(it takes a wee bit of practise but when you are desparate ,youllget it)
when its over the button ,pull both ends tight and up.Presto! door open ,no broken glass ,no hassle.
Practise can be gained in shopping centre/cinema car parks late at night (joking)

size12
23-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Ha Ha NO. firstly hardly any cars have golf tee buttons any more and the ones that do are useless as the doors are deadlocked so even if you do grab them you cant move them. Infact even if you break a window you still cant unlock the doors from the inside.

Waits with baited breath for someone to post youtube vid of tennis ball trick :biglaugh:

XPS420
01-09-2009, 12:15 PM
yea, the phone trick was on youtube too.

Notice how the daughter on that video was close to the car aswell. Its all fake, i wonder if it was released on 1st April?

stubbsy
05-09-2009, 06:01 PM
the reason your car locked its self in the first place is because one or both of the door locks are faulty. make sure your puddle lights are working!!!!

say your puddle light doesnt work on the d/side. 99 times out of 100 its a dry joint in the c/l unit. unlock,open the door, keys in ignition or where ever,close the door, 30 scnds later it locks its self because car still thinks door hasnt been opened!!!

happend to me 2 on 2 differnt cars. once on an a4 and once onthe golf.

i knew how to get in via the gearbox on the a4, wasnt sure about the golf, but it was the same.

thenighthawk
25-10-2009, 05:28 PM

Dan

"Have you locked your keys in the car?"Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cellphone.

No way,:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: there is no way that would work:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::bigla ugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::bigla ugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::bigla ugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::bigla ugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: