PDA

View Full Version : wiring fault

shooey88
11-02-2008, 03:12 PM
I own a very nice 1.8T GTi 1999 reg. I have a wiring fault that is difficult to locate as i have no wiring diagrams to look over. so any help would be appreciated.....
my headlights flicker when i operate the electric window switches. also does the illumination on the AC unit and dash flicker when electric windows operate. im thinking i have a resistive/bad earth somewhere.....can anyone point me in the right direction??

Also sumthing else to share that may help other people. is that i have found a problem with my gearbox. my car kangaroos/engine surges in 1st/2nd and reverse when cruising. at first i thought it was an engine problem. conversley i have linked it to a gearbox fault. i have found my differential in gearbox rattles/noisey when one front wheel spins quicker then the other. after research found rivot problems on my gearbox code and model year. i think there is an inbalance on the gearbox shaft from the differential...being 1st, second and reverse gears causing this engine surge.

Erfaan56
11-02-2008, 09:53 PM
Someone does the CD's on ebay for a tenner

Erfaan