PDA

View Full Version : Cordoba overheating!

mrguitar
11-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi everyone,
My 97 cordoba is overheating. I've changed the thermostat, fan switch thermostat sensor, drained the coolant, flushed the system, and replaced with new coolant. It's still overheating. Am I overlooking anything? Any insight or help will be very well received.
Thanks

Crasher
11-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Take the thermostat cover off and turn it to look inside. You will see a plastic bridge going from one side of the pipe to the other and in the middle there is a bulging section which should be sealed over, on yours you will be able to see right through a small hole about 3-mm in diameter. This is the reaction point for the thermostat and it has popped off so you need a new cover.

mrguitar
11-02-2008, 03:20 PM
-mr,
Crasher,
Thank you. you are a genius. going to get new part straight away.
Thanks again

darren_mcvicar
23-02-2008, 10:21 PM
if u have changed all that tri the waterpump if still overheating u have a head problem

wilsey
20-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Hi Just joined this great site but wish I would have done it 2 days ago just changed my head gasket has it has blown and still have a problem. Came on to ask about thermostat and how it works but reaing this tells me what I have already seen when I put a new thermostat in the other day. As my bottom hose was cold and car full of pressure all the system is clear but it was not working so this must be the problem.

Many many thanks I have been a mechanic for many years and don't mind saying never come across this type of problem.

A very greatful wilsey

Crasher
20-01-2011, 10:33 PM
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/Crasher1964/coverwitharrow.jpg

wilsey
20-01-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi yep mine has no cap on the top so the needle goes straight through just been in garage and checked again thanks for the pic

everyday is a school day