PDA

View Full Version : help on abl problem

gavst4
10-02-2008, 06:55 PM
i have just fitted a second hand engine in my p reg t4, the engine ran fine in the vehicle i took it out of, i had to change the disel pump as there was a fault with it, i got the engine running in my van but it only revs to about 2000 rpm it does 48 mph flkat out in 5th, it sounds like its hitting rev limiter,looking at the diesel pump i took of the engine the bolts that do settings on the pump are loads diffrent, any ideas i am getting stuck now help!!!!!!!
unless you in taunton area and can come and help me cheers

kenney
10-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Hi What was the engine code of your old motor and what is engine code of the replacement engine.Have you noticed the unions that the fuel feed and retun pipes are scewed to the pump,are differant,there is an inlet and outlet union if you have them in the wrong place you will have a problem similar to yours

gavst4
10-02-2008, 08:09 PM
hi they are both abl engines out of p reg t4 vans, the fuel feed and return going on to the diesel pump are colourd clear and blue, they are the same as the ones that came of, the pipes are shaped to only fit in one place, reading up is there a sensor somewhere i may of left of, i had the hole front of the van, i cant c a maf sensor on it,it does seem diesel starvasion,

gavst4
10-02-2008, 08:10 PM
do you mean the actuall bolts with holes in that connect the pipes to the pump are diffrent

gavst4
10-02-2008, 08:35 PM
you are a daimond mate, just been and chandged them over i had the one with only 1 hole on the diesel in,should be the one with 4 holes.she runs sweet as now , wicked mate spot on you just saved a load of work and proberly money cheers