PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Audi 100 2.3E Starting Problem Please Help!!!

Sledge
10-02-2008, 05:12 PM
:1zhelp:Hi all,

I have a 1992(A6 sahpe) Audi 100 2.3E Estate and it won't start!!!
Has anyone heard of this before?

Drove home with no problems atall parked on the drive and then 20 minutes later I got back in her to go and fetch my wife from work. So the lights came on the dash as normal and I heard the fuel pump kick in ok but when I turn the key to kick the starter motor into life nothing happened atall. Lights on dash still normal but starter would not kick in. There was not even the usual clicking noise from the solonoid.

Items I have checked.

1) Battery OK.
2) Starter Ok.

Can't find any fuses or relays for starter circuit. Can anyone shed any light on this matter?
Thanks
Sledge.

kenney
10-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Hi there is no fuse for the starter i would put my money on the electric part of the ignition swich

Sledge
10-02-2008, 10:13 PM
Hi Kenney,

Sounds very good thanks. I will persue that and let you know my findings.

All the best
Sledge.

Sledge
22-02-2008, 05:31 PM
:approve:Kenney,

You are one diamond geazer. It was the ignition switch and I followed the thread in the Audi 80/90 section that told me how to remove the switch easily without removing the complete barrel.

I love this site :beerchug:

Cheers for now,

Sledge.

Sledge
10-03-2008, 10:52 AM
Kenney,

It turns out that although the switch was "FUBAR" the barrel also needs changing as the metal bit that connects to the switch had broken away.

Sledge
01-04-2008, 05:23 PM
:beerchug: Just received a second hand ignition switch, barrel, complete alloy housing and keys from an Aud breaker today for only £44.00 and fitted it to the care in approx 1/2 an hour. I turned the key and..................... It fired up!!!!! Hoorah!
Thanks to all who have helped me with this problem.

Sledge.:biglaugh: