PDA

View Full Version : 1995 golf tdi problems!

wiggers4884
09-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Hi im new to this forum and really hope you guys can help:D.
I have just bought a mk3 golf tdi dirt cheap as it wont start? Ive read allot about them and thought it might be the fuel cut off solenoid, but i took this out and tested it on a battery and it seemed to be working fine:mad:. I then read about air in the fuel, which is what i think the problem is, as i forced the fuel in on an airline and she started fine.Then cut out again once she had used all the fuel in the line.My old mans maverick has a hand pump on the fuel filter to pump the fuel up and bleed the line but there aint one on the golf, is there? Problem is im no to sure on how to blead the system properly without getting more air in her?
I hope its just air in the lines that is the problem, but any suggestions from you guys would be very much appreciated.
Also i have been looking into the diagnostic program for my laptop, and which leads to get! problem is i havnt got a bloody clue where the diagnostic socket is on the car! ive looked behind the ash trays and it aint there:confused:
Thanks for listening to me winge! ha ha, i look forward to finding out where im cocking up ha ha:beerchug:

Captain Answer
10-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Sounds like air in the system, why don't u chip a few quid on a haynes manual and see how you bleed it fully? Its probably got a self bleeding system but has too much air trapped in, probably at the injector pump side of things :Blush:

Ben
10-02-2008, 08:59 PM
is the fuel pump ok?

speak to eshrules for the correct cable / lead for the laptop

crasher will know where the diagnostic socket is.