PDA

View Full Version : Electric window solutions

Arthur Haynes
09-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Hello again; first day, second posting.

I long ago had problems with the electric windows.

Solved in part by replacing the motors & mechanism with an aftermarket kit and then fitting Cheap Maplin change-over relays to spare the poor cruddy old switches all the hard work.

I can probably find some notes if it might help anyone.

koithot
18-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Hello

it would help if you let me know where I can buy the parts

I need a passenger window regulater and both switches.

It would also help if some intructions showing the above parts being changed

please help

and thanks

Arthur Haynes
18-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi, I'm afraid I have no idea where the electric window mechanisms originally came from. I bought them from someone on Ebay who had bought the complete kit as that was still cheaper than buying just the switches alone!

The problem with all such switches is that they suffer much more from damp, through living in the doors rather than the car interior which of course remains dryer. They also suffer from having to break the stall current of a motor which can be considerable.

Before proceeding further, are you sure that power is getting from the switch in the driver's across to the passenger door OK? Will it not drive from the driver's side, at least in one direction?

As yet I have only added relays to the driver's door (which is why my dear Wife has to use the 'UP' N/S window switch in the driver's door!). I never thought to record my upgrade in detail before making the offer of help.

I can scribble a sketch to outline what I did, but to produce detail I would have to open the door trim and won't have time over next two week-ends I'm afraid.

Let me know if you'd like a sketch (or maybe I've put you off the project altogether?),

Kindest regards, Arthur.

koithot
19-07-2008, 01:09 PM
Hello

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

I am getting some help from my friends. The real difficulty was getting the parts not replacing them. Although the sketch would help, I would try and work it out myself.

If things are easy would share it the forum.

Thanks anyway

Regards
Koithot