PDA

View Full Version : sharan and abs light!!!

madmum
10-11-2006, 01:32 PM
hi there,i have a bit of a problem.....my abs and brake lights have come on.....at first they came on then went out and just kept doing that for a day or so.....now they are on constantly....the brake fluid has been checked and our local mechanic has had a look under the bonnet but its not booked in til next thursday what can these lights mean?is it safe to drve as the mechanic told me it will be just like driving a non abs car,thats ok with me,but i'm worried it couldbe the pads or something like that ...please help
thanks

robinbhogal
24-11-2006, 07:11 AM
Hiya, My ABS light has been on for about 18 months now, I does go off and on, with mine its one of the front ABS Sensor. Look its save to drive, I've had mine for 18 months like this, but note it is a MOT failure, but I was lucky the ABS light was off when it went for a MOT 2 months ago.
I'm going to get it sorted in about few months time, I've been quoted about 150,00 to replace the abs sensor.

MalcQV
24-11-2006, 08:28 AM
As has been said, it simply means you have no ABS. I have had pads wear down to the metal on a Honda Accord and the ABS light never came on once. ;) Again as robinbhogal says it will fail an MOT