PDA

View Full Version : New A4 S Line details

Brioss
09-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Hi,

First post here, I was going to order the SE, but fancied the Zenon lamps no longer available and the S line isnt too far away.

Got these details from the dealer today (I cant attach them , there too big) Let me know if you would like me to email them out)

Im looking to get one as a Company car for July delivery

S line looks good

http://www.mediafire.com/?bw2j1gypiyc
http://www.mediafire.com/?2gnmpzdbzt9

Mclegend
09-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Thanks for this!

I am thinking of getting either an A5 1.8 or a A4 2.0 Tdi S-Line and this is really useful as I can see what you get on the S-Line spec!

moptisam2
11-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Yes, thanks from me as well.

It has helped to clarify a few points I was wondering about.

dansansome
11-02-2008, 04:20 PM
thanks for those, i was wondering when the s-line spec would be out. the brochure they sent me didnt include it.

Brioss
12-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Heard today the S Line will be available to order on the 2nd March. Im just waiting for my leasing company to get me a qoute, come on !

neh321
14-02-2008, 05:57 PM
Hi,

First post here, I was going to order the SE, but fancied the Zenon lamps no longer available and the S line isnt too far away.

Got these details from the dealer today (I cant attach them , there too big) Let me know if you would like me to email them out)

Im looking to get one as a Company car for July delivery

S line looks good

http://www.mediafire.com/?bw2j1gypiyc
http://www.mediafire.com/?2gnmpzdbzt9

Great. Thanks for these. I'm waiting for a 2.0 Turbo Petrol (197 bhp) S-Line to come out... Anyone know when that's likely to be?

Donkey Kong
15-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Great. Thanks for these. I'm waiting for a 2.0 Turbo Petrol (197 bhp) S-Line to come out... Anyone know when that's likely to be?

Yeah, you'd think they would release their best petrol engine first, instead they've released all the crap - relatively speaking

What they should have released

1.4 TSi 170
2.0 TDi 170
2.0 Turbo TSI

Early adopters of anything always seem to get a raw deal

Brioss
16-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Yeah, you'd think they would release their best petrol engine first, instead they've released all the crap - relatively speaking

What they should have released

1.4 TSi 170
2.0 TDi 170
2.0 Turbo TSI

Early adopters of anything always seem to get a raw deal

Agree, I would like either the 170 diesel or the 2.0 FSI. Any idea when any of these engines will be available ?

browellm
18-02-2008, 03:01 PM
S-Line press release now out on the Audi UK website:

http://www.audi.co.uk/audi/uk/en2/about_audi_ag/news/Audi_ups_the_pace_with_new_A4_sline.html

Feb 14, 2008
Distinctive LED daytime running lights and a more purposeful stance mark out new A4 sports models .
• New S line sports specification available now for all versions of the A4 Saloon at a premium of £2,500 over the SE model in each case

• LED strip daytime running lights, S line suspension including 30 mm ride height reduction, 18-inch alloy wheels, body and interior upgrades

• S line launch coincides with introduction of new lead-in 120PS 1.8T FSI petrol engine available in conjunction with standard, SE and S line trim levels

• A4 1.8T FSI 120PS, 0-62mph in 10.5 seconds, top speed 130mph, 39.8 mpg combined

• Multitronic continuously variable transmission (CVT) automatic now available in conjunction with 160PS 1.8T FSI petrol engine

• New engine brings a lead-in OTR price of £19,890 for A4 range, and £23,490 for A4 S line range

The next phase in the roll-out of the all-new Audi A4 Saloon begins this week with the S line sports model, which intensifies visual impact and enhances driver appeal across the range. At the same time, access to a distinctive A4 S line has also become easier thanks to a new lead-in 120PS version of the popular 1.8 litre turbo FSI petrol engine. With the benefit of this highly efficient new unit, A4 range prices now start from £19,890 OTR, and new S line models are available from £23,490 OTR.

Not to be confused with the 1.8 litre turbo engine that has previously powered everything from the TT to the A6, the 160PS unit of the A3 and new A4 is completely new. In its latest 120PS configuration, it benefits from the same combination of turbocharging and FSI direct petrol injection for keen response and impressive overall efficiency. This is evident in the A4 1.8T FSI (120PS) through its 0-62mph time of 10.5 seconds, top speed of 130mph and 39.8 mpg combined economy, delivered with a modest 169 g/km CO2 output.

The new 120PS engine is available exclusively in conjunction with a six-speed manual gearbox. For drivers who prefer the convenience of an automatic, though, the unique-in-class multitronic (CVT) is now available to order for the new A4 in conjunction with the 160PS version of the 1.8T FSI engine.

Multitronic defies the automatic transmission convention dictating that performance and efficiency must be sacrificed for increased comfort, and instead maintains the same 8.6-second 0-62mph time and 140mph top speed as the manual A4 1.8T FSI (160PS). Unusually by automatic transmission standards, the car’s 37.2 mpg combined consumption figure and 179 g/km CO2 output sit impressively close to that of the manual version (39.8 mpg, 169 g/km ).

The A4 1.8T FSI (120PS) is the first A4 model to be offered in standard specification. In addition to range-wide benefits normally associated with the executive class, such as a space-saving electromechanical parking brake, intelligent key access and an auto-opening boot lid, the car includes 16-inch alloy wheels, an 80 watt audio system with single CD drive and 6.5-inch display, electronic climate control, front and rear electric windows, and a split-fold rear seat.

Until now, all new A4 Saloon models have been available in the UK in even more comprehensively equipped SE form, and the S line specification new to the range this week takes this to the next level. The body of the A4 S line – which with S line sports suspension rides 30 mm lower than standard on 18-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels – has a unique S line look courtesy of exclusive front and rear bumper styling, extended side skirts and upgraded headlamps with xenon bulbs, which are fringed by LED daytime running lights.

Inside, it adds features including embossed part-leather S line sports seats with the option of contrasting stitching, a 3-spoke S line multifunction steering wheel and matt brushed aluminium inlays. The S line specification carries a premium of £2,500 over the equivalent A4 SE model, and is available in combination with all engine variants.

Sexy pic, pity we don't have a sunny climate in the UK. White looks ace.
http://www.audi.co.uk/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/uk/Products/about_audi.Par.0082.Image.jpg

AUDI-NUT
18-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Yes, a very sexy car.

I cannot wait to take delivery of mine. I ordered the S-Line about four months ago and I will be going to my local launch event on Saturday to see one up close and personal with any luck. Now I am just waiting for the call so that I can order the spec - am told I should have for late April delivery which will be great considering I was originally told June.

neh321
18-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Yes, a very sexy car.

I cannot wait to take delivery of mine. I ordered the S-Line about four months ago and I will be going to my local launch event on Saturday to see one up close and personal with any luck. Now I am just waiting for the call so that I can order the spec - am told I should have for late April delivery which will be great considering I was originally told June.

A great car. I envy you. But I'll still wait for the 2.0 TFSi!

browellm
20-02-2008, 09:09 AM
The downloadable .PDF brochure/pricice list has now been updated to include S-Line and the other tweaks to the accesory list. For example, there are some new dashboard finishes available - like piano black.

gilesw08
01-03-2008, 09:10 PM
Yes, a very sexy car.

I ordered mine some time ago - with a whole host of additional options, and have been told June - ish. I'm hoping for sooner though. Literally counting down the seconds......

alexcf
02-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Hopefully putting my order in tomorrow for the 3.0TDI S-line A4. Went for quite a few extras, although I'm a bit disappointed that with the MMI/SatNav you don't get SD card slots. :(

Went for the iPod integration instead, so I'll just have to dig out one of my old old Nanos and use that. :)

Can't wait till it arrives. Just a bit miffed I can't see the S-line until it arrives :p