PDA

View Full Version : injectors 100 pd 1.9tdi 2002

malakoffone
08-02-2008, 10:02 PM
i have tried to solve my engine missfire and can only assume it is an injector problem. i have been offered a set of 4 pd injectors with the serial no038 130 073 ba 0414720216 pdb013. will they fit my vehicle and how easy are they to change?:confused:

stevegrass777
09-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Take the lid off and you will see some wires that go to the injectors check them and make sure there on properly (good connections)

malakoffone
09-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the tip. I have done as advised, all connections seem ok. The problem is intermittant. When you start the car it ticks over fine, if you leave it on tick over for a few minutes as the car starts to warm it then missfires on 3 cylinders. if you then rev the car the rev counter comes back down to nothing and the car cuts out. to restart the car you have to bury the throttle with the key turned like an old fashioned diesel engine, eventually it will come back to life but cut straight out. If you return to the car the next day it will fire up ok but will start to missfire as soon as the car gets warm. The diagnostic shows no3 cylinder missfire ( intermittant ). Any clue?