PDA

View Full Version : Audi A3 Throttlebody Prob? Maf?

MKP
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
Hello,

I need some advise please!!!! :1zhelp:

Recently I have been having a prob with my A3 1.6 (PETROL) 98 plate. In the morning car started cutting out sometimes midflow in first or 2nd gear. Took it to a garage, mechanic made an adjustment which increased the revs...from I think about 800 - 900 revs to 1400 revs...this resolved the issue..he mentioned poss throttle body and cleaned this I believe plus the adjustment on revs. The car ran ok for a while, but now appears to rev excessively in first or 2 nd gear...after it has been driven in traffic for say 10 mins...so much so that whilst parkin the car was reving to almost 2200 revs. The car idles....even cuts out after being driven for say 20-mins...There smell from the exhaust seems very rich. The same mechanic has replaced a lamda probe few days ago..but says the idling prob is still present and this may need throttle body replacing but cant guarantee to fix he also says that the car cutting out is not due to a prob with throttle body...confused unsure what action to take any ideas please?:confused:

Lost MKP

Anzee
10-11-2006, 10:38 PM
MKP if your cars cutting out when u go below 1000 rpm's then ur Throttle body has gone. As it happened on my Golf Mk4 1.6SR (1999) when the car is above 1000 rpms it does not tend to cut out that is the indication of Throttle body gone.

There both the same parts but i was advised from VW to have the Part Cleaned out by themselves which cost £100 and they cleaned it out Nail Varnish Remover i think it was.. Or you could change the part for £300....

Hope this helps but just pray it aint the Throttle body.