PDA

View Full Version : Immobiliser Problem

Springer
07-02-2008, 03:33 PM
I have an 02, 85K mile TT which I have just discovered has an immobiliser problem. It was starting intermintently and the garage has finally discovered that it is an immobiliser fault. They are currently looking to see if it can be repaired, if not a new one will be required which apparently is expensive and a code is required from Audi for which they can charge whatever they like. The garage working on it is not an Audi dealer. Does anyone have any experience of this fault and the likely costs involved. I am keen to sell the car so do not want to spend too much on it, just get it back on the road so I can shift it.

dwrights
07-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi,

Does the problem occur when using the blank workshop key or just with your remote fob key?

Springer
07-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Hi
The problem occurs with both key fobs.

kite
07-02-2008, 10:09 PM
i think the immobilisor is built in to the dashpod.
faulty dashpods are changed by Audi FOC after a watchdog programme.
Check out the tt forum
http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/ttforumbbs/

PendlePerforman
08-02-2008, 02:04 PM
I have an 02, 85K mile TT which I have just discovered has an immobiliser problem. It was starting intermintently and the garage has finally discovered that it is an immobiliser fault. They are currently looking to see if it can be repaired, if not a new one will be required which apparently is expensive and a code is required from Audi for which they can charge whatever they like. The garage working on it is not an Audi dealer. Does anyone have any experience of this fault and the likely costs involved. I am keen to sell the car so do not want to spend too much on it, just get it back on the road so I can shift it.

Using Vag-Com you can disable the Immobiliser... If you PM me I can give you instructions on how to do it, or if you are local to us let me know as I'll pop out and sort it out...

Lancashire UK

Regards
Martin

Springer
08-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi Martin,
Thanks for your advice. Unfortunatley I cannot PM you as I haven't enough posts yet. I am in the process of getting Audi to look at it and hopefully replace the immobiliser/dashpod FOC. They have yet to look at it but have been told verbally if it is the dashpod they will do it FOC, presumbly because of all the Watchdog publicity etc which I only descovered through this site.

Useful to know that it can be disabled though.

Thanks
Springer

PendlePerforman
08-02-2008, 02:43 PM
Hi Martin,
Thanks for your advice. Unfortunatley I cannot PM you as I haven't enough posts yet. I am in the process of getting Audi to look at it and hopefully replace the immobiliser/dashpod FOC. They have yet to look at it but have been told verbally if it is the dashpod they will do it FOC, presumbly because of all the Watchdog publicity etc which I only descovered through this site.

Useful to know that it can be disabled though.

Thanks
Springer

Springer,

You are right, Audi will replace the Pod FOC and if your maindealer says any difference just phone Audi Customer Service UK up and they will sort it.

Regards
Martin