PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6500 Slide Users, Firmware Upgrade

mluton
07-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Has anybody else got a Nokia 6500 Slide.

Mine is running firmware 3.8 and has a 2 second slide delay on answering a call.

Is anyone running the latest 4.14 firmware on their phone and has this bug been written out.

To find out your firmware version press *#0000#

I dont want to lose all my data by upgrading the firmware without knowing if this problem has been cured.

Thanks, Matt.:biglaugh:

wyatt
07-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Check out this forum: http://discussions.nokia.co.uk/discussions/board?board.id=phones There are numerous posts about this phone. I'm looking at getting one, any good?

Have you not backed it up? It's recommended before upgrading software so your best off backing up asap.

mluton
07-02-2008, 10:35 AM
I have read through all tof these, but i cant find a definate answer to the slide delay.

Its not a great problem as I anwser pressing a button, which Im use to now.

That is the onlt flaw with the phone, apart from that it works a treat.

mluton
05-03-2008, 12:27 PM
Speaker broke so I called up and they sent out a replacement 6500 slide.

All my above questions are now answered as it has the latter firmware on it.

jonbaker
05-03-2008, 01:56 PM
Glad you got another phone and problem sorted but you wouldn't or don't need to lose any data when upgrading your firmware in the future. You simply back up all your data via the 'backup' feature on pc suite.

mluton
05-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Yeah thats what I did this morning.

Backed up everything to my SD card then restored it all on my new phone. It was as if Id never changed phones after it was complete.

Didnt know about the backup on the phone when I first posted the above.

:biglaugh:

jonbaker
05-03-2008, 03:13 PM
which reminds me to update my N95 firmware, scary stuff, as they say when the upgrade is in process if you stop it the phone could be made useless!

dansansome
05-03-2008, 03:27 PM
the NSU program is nice and easy to use.

i once updated an N80 using some internet sourced programs more commonly found in nokia service centres and a downloaded generic (unbranded) firmware file.

that was a scary five minutes while it flashed...