PDA

View Full Version : Electric Window Fault

beltaine
08-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Hello all,

I have an unusual electric window problem I am hoping someone here will have ananswer.

The front passanger window goes up and dowm several inches at a time ON ITS OWN

The fault is imtermittant, it does not always happen. Sometimes it goes up on its own and sometimes it goes down on its own, other times it goes up and down like a yo yo and other times it goes the opposite direction when you are pressing the switch and othertimes it works just fine.

One thing that is always wrong, is that it NEVER goes up when I lock the doors with the key fob. All other windows work perfectly.

HELP!

dontknowhow
04-12-2006, 02:03 PM
:D hi, I had this problem but only down, not up. Left on the drive one night and found that all the windows had been lowered. Rain all night and the car was soaked. Turned out to be a faulty back switch.
Have now got a new problem, the rear windows will go down but not up yet everything works O.K.
doug

Kocka
04-12-2006, 03:14 PM
You have a moister on vire contacts. Try to dry it with a hairdryer.

lukman
29-10-2007, 01:04 PM
I have the same problem. I stupidly left the drivers window half open and there was a big storm overnight. Now I cannot control the front passenger window from the drivers seat - although the window still works when operated from the passenger's control.
Does that indicate that it is just a faulty (water damaged) switch in the drivers door? Could this possibly be fixed with a hair dyer?

tonyleach
29-10-2007, 01:56 PM
would defiantely give it a go but becareful not to warm other switches up too much n melt them,but if other switch opens window i should imagine that the problem is with that switch,have you tried any wd40 type spray what is supposed to dissperse water from terminals etc

lukman
29-10-2007, 02:02 PM
no not yet. would i have to remove the inner door panelling to do this or can I just spray the switch itself?

tonyleach
29-10-2007, 02:08 PM
no do it on the car mate it wont hurt anything,just spray a bit in then work the switch or leave it to pentrate its worth ago put it that way cos cant imagine terminals rusted etc already if not just try a switch from a mates car or scrapyard,but as i say cant be anything costly if its still working from the door itself