PDA

View Full Version : Mk3 Cabrio

thelaird
05-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Evening!

First night on the forum so looking for a few tips from those who know anything about Mk3 cabrio's!

Just sold my BMW 535 and hopefully my rather old 1994 M reg 2.0L Stahl blue cabrio will turn up tomorrow. Are there anythings I should be aware of on these? Do the hydraulic valve lifters or water pumps cause problems?

Any tips to make the driving experience better?

Thanks!

John

RickT
16-02-2008, 12:06 PM
Hello and Welcome to the forum!!

Rick

STEWY L
16-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Evening!

First night on the forum so looking for a few tips from those who know anything about Mk3 cabrio's!

Just sold my BMW 535 and hopefully my rather old 1994 M reg 2.0L Stahl blue cabrio will turn up tomorrow. Are there anythings I should be aware of on these? Do the hydraulic valve lifters or water pumps cause problems?

Any tips to make the driving experience better?

Thanks!

John
hi and welcome, where you at? i guess in scotland, calling yourself laird.
if i'm wrong ,then i apollogise, but why buy a cabrio when most of the time it snows or rains.? yes, i know it doesn't always do that all the time, but -----
you are asking about hyd valve lifters, no probs, unless you cheat on servicing, keep it clean and no probs, but you need to spend money on oil, and frequently.
water pumps, well, i have heard of a few, but to be honnest, they have been changed while doing belts because of the work involved in changing a pump.
they have been changed"before failure",whilst belts have been changed, look through forum for same.
good luck with your latest car.

chrisvrscrx
18-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum!