PDA

View Full Version : engine management light

nicho
05-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi,
I 've got an A4 1.8 T 2001, and since fews days i had notice that the engine temperature stayed around 50-55 degres max, and yesterday, the engine management light came on .
Somebody know this problem?Do you think that i need to go in a garage to do a diagnostic with a vag-com.
And if i fix the problem myself, do i need to go erase the fault with the vag-com computer.
Thanks very much
excuse me for my bad english writing but i'm French, hopefully you will manage to understand what i meen.
cheers nicho

Crasher
05-02-2008, 09:57 PM
This should be a faulty coolant temperature sender. Don't worry about your English; it is better than my French and possibly better than that of the average British teenager.

nicho
05-02-2008, 10:08 PM
This should be a faulty coolant temperature sender. Don't worry about your English; it is better than my French and possibly better than that of the average British teenager.

thanks for your answer,
so you think that if i change this sender, the fault will disapear, and i will don't need to go in an audi garage for erase the fault.
because i don't want really pay 100 pounds for nothing.
cheers nicho

Crasher
05-02-2008, 10:15 PM
It would not be a good idea to do that, it may be another problem so you should have it properly checked to make sure it is the coolant temperature sender.

nicho
05-02-2008, 10:21 PM
It would not be a good idea to do that, it may be another problem so you should have it properly checked to make sure it is the coolant temperature sender.

ok thanks for your advice, i will let you know what was the problem.

nicho