PDA

View Full Version : LT35 sump removal

mikey_100
05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Hi- about to change my sump- on LT35 1995

I have been told that due to the shape it will not be possible without either raising the engine- or removing the gearbox!- just wondering if anyone can offer any advice before i start undoing bolts!

thanks in advance
Mike

Ayrshore
14-05-2008, 01:03 PM
It is indeed not possible I've just done the same thing, I only needed to drop it enough to take out the bolts from the oil pickup into the pump though.

mikey_100
14-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Thnx- i did manage it eventually- but it was apain!
Mike

Ayrshore
16-05-2008, 06:06 PM
Thnx- i did manage it eventually- but it was apain!
Mike

How'd you do it - and what did you need it off for anyway?

I've just changed my oil pump and still got no oil pressure, so looks like mine needs to come off - and I'd like to know if there's an easier way than removing the engine!

mikey_100
16-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Hi- it was done because the sump was corroded right through- luckily i had some expert help from a mechanic along the street!

the engine was lifted up into the cab using two hoists- one through either door- then the body lifted using two trolley jacks- piece of cake really!- a three day piece of cake-such a piece of cake that he may be reluctant ever to help me again -( he was on to the samaritans twice)- I think his actual words were to f***k off and never bring the thing near him again

regards
Mike