PDA

View Full Version : XCarLink Help Please...

plutopath
05-02-2008, 04:15 PM
:1zhelp: I know there are several questions on XCarLink but I have not been able to find the right answer. BTW- I have an '07 Audi A4 - Fully loaded w/ factory 6-disk glove changer. I know that you cannot "supposedly" use the factory cd changer w/ the iPod adapter but, this link http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?productid=6&cat=4&page=1
has detalied information and a CAP'd sentence saying, " CONTINUE TO USE YOUR EXISTING CD CHANGER", & "One of the unique features of the Audi interface is that it has an input connector which enables you to continue using your existing CD changer.":confused:

So does this mean I can use both the iPod and the factory CD Changer (in the glove)?:1zhelp:

Any help would be greatly appreciated
:beerchug:

RickT
06-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I lookedinto this with XCarlink..

They have advised me that their kit connects before the auto changer on a split lead, giving you access to both IPOD and auto Changer..

I THINK... when playing Albums.. you have 2 options... the first 5 albums on the IPOD are CD DISK 1-5 and CD 6 just plays all the albums... -- So you will just have to keep going to the next track to found each track on a album.

Rick

plutopath
06-02-2008, 09:38 PM
:fest30: Perfect, This is great! Now I dont lose the functionality of both! Yehaa! I have to figure out whether it automatically creates the playlists and splits them up equally, (i.e. You have 200 songs and it makes 4 playlists of 40? or how that works?). Maybe I can create them through iTunes? We'll see. Now I have to figure out how to install it when it arrives. Maybe the service manual is online somewhere...?

THANKS A MILLION...
:You_Rock_

Frkuk
08-05-2008, 02:45 PM
i bought one of the ECarLink's and all very easy to plug in to the back of the stereo.

what i'm having issues with is feeding it through to the glove box.

has anyone got any helpful hints to get that sorted..

cheers

Tim

Issac Hunt
08-05-2008, 03:08 PM
Take the glovebox out, its only got 5 bolts holding it in.

Frkuk
08-05-2008, 03:12 PM
ooops is it that simple....

you may tell i'm not that good at these things

thanks