PDA

View Full Version : mk2 gti idle problems

hendrix
05-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Hello all
I have a problem with the idling speed when slwoing down and briefly at tickover. It revs from below 3000 to 11-12000 then settles at 9000 rpm.
I've tried the sensor (blue\) change, I C V (idle control valve) MAF (air) new cone air filter, various injector cleaners and a twig like John Cleese in Fawlty Towers on his Austin 1100 but still the same.
The petrol info says 'use 98 octane' but we only have 97 here don't we? I say this because on ordinary unleaded it is much much worse.

I've fitted magnet to incoming fuel line which creates a better burn (changes polarity of fuel so fuel and air are opposite instead of being both negatively charged and less effecient burn but have to wait for a few hundred miles for it to work properly. Remove for tune up after.

I have a BMW 3.5 and above MAF AFM if anyone is looking for a cheap one. Fits straight to Golfs and gives more air.
Cheers fellow VW's
david

jblackett99
08-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Hello all
I have a problem with the idling speed when slwoing down and briefly at tickover. It revs from below 3000 to 11-12000 then settles at 9000 rpm.
david

WOW 12000 rpm - what engine have you got?

Frijj
13-05-2008, 08:14 PM
I've fitted magnet to incoming fuel line which creates a better burn (changes polarity of fuel so fuel and air are opposite instead of being both negatively charged and less effecient burn but have to wait for a few hundred miles for it to work properly.

I'm interested to learn more about this, do you have a web site?