PDA

View Full Version : Resetting Service Indicator On 1994 A6

Sledge
05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
I have read in the forum that there are ways of resetting the service indicators on later Audi's but I wonder if anyone out there can let me know how to do it on my 1994 A6 2.6 SE. I have just completed a service and it would be nice not to be nagged at by my car.

Thanks very much,

Nige

Sledge
09-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Please can anyone help me with the above problem?????? I really would be very thankful.

ael140
10-02-2008, 08:09 PM
You can do it if you have vagcom.
Have you got vagcom?Its well worth the money.

Sledge
10-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Hi and thanks for that.

I do not have vagcom and don't really know what it is however I am really interested as to cost and where I can purchase one from.

Thank you so much and I look forward to your further information.
Sledge.

paul b
10-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Which methods have you tried?

Sledge
10-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Hiya,

I have tried the method from the "How To" section at the top of this forum but I do believe that method is for the 1997 onward Audi A6 but if you know of another way I am willing to give it a go.

Thank you
Sledge.

ael140
10-02-2008, 11:36 PM
vagcom is a really useful piece of kit,its a piece of software downloadable from http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/index.html

The free version is good,but if you can afford the full version,its totally unlocked and you get the correct interconnecting cable for your car,(as oppose to the cheap cables from ebay which run much slower).

Of course you'll need a laptop,but when hooked up to the car with vagcom,you can reset the service intervals for whenever you want.
Its also brilliant for fault finding as it reads the fault codes the ecu keeps in its log.Things like correct fuel pump timing are virtually impossible without setting it up using vagcom.
Basically its equivalent to what the dealers would plug into the car,and its useable across the range of V.A.G vehicles.

paul b
12-02-2008, 12:36 AM
I don't know is a method you have tried, but this is taken from the owners manual of mine:

Resetting the display

The display is reset by the Audi dealer after the service has been carried out.
If the service is not performed by an Audi dealer, the display must be reset as follows:

- Switch off ignition.
- Press Pin 2 (right hand side of the display) and hold while switching on the ignition. The display should now read 'SERVICE.'
- Press and hold Pin 1 (left hand side of the display) until the word 'SERVICE' is cleared from the display.

Good luck Sleudge! LOL

Paul

Sledge
12-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Hi Paul,

Yeah I have tried that one and it does not work I think because yours is a later A6 than mine.

Cheers anyway
Sledge.