PDA

View Full Version : A4 TDi - glow plug light flashing, will not rev up past idle speed

tom fenton
06-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Any ideas chaps, went to collect my A4 tonight, started it up OK, drove it 20yds, stopped it. When I went back to it, it started up fine but the throttle pedal did absolutely nothing at all, refused to rev up. Then the glow plug light started to flash.

Luckily, the guy I bought it off gave me my cash back.

Anyone have an idea what it could be? I am new to these vehicles.

cronmiller
31-12-2007, 01:26 AM
I have a check engine indication due to a faulty glow plug 2. The engine will not rev past 3000 rpm. I expect to resolve this with a new glow plug.

RickT
31-12-2007, 01:52 AM
it sounds like a glow plug has failed and put it into limp mode..

On the first post of the thread i would advise you get the fault codes read with VAG-COM.

Loads of our members have vag com, so i would recommend you up date your location and place a post in the chat about cars section..

Im in West Yorkshire, - if thats any help to you?

Rick

cronmiller
31-12-2007, 07:19 AM
Thank you for the comment. I just read and reset two OBD codes. A P0234, engine overboost and the P0672 for glow plug 2. Last winter I replaced glow plug 3 but I do not remember any operation restrictions. The vehicle has over 95,000 miles. I need to invest in a $18 glow plug.

doubtingt
27-12-2008, 08:54 PM
may not have anything to do with glow plug since the the caution came on 4 me after driving 4 10min (why would glow plugs activate during engine run?); check ur brake lights and/or brake switch; VW has a recall on the brake switch; somehow it's tied to this fault in the ECM.

good luck.:beerchug:

M7ROD
01-02-2009, 07:49 PM
yeah my golf tdi had a flashing glowplug warning light and it was tied to a brakelight fault, both brakelights stopped working and the glowplug light flashed on and off, i just changed both rear brake light bulbs, nothing else, and the fault disappeared. can't explain it.