PDA

View Full Version : how to remove a door panel on Seat Alhambra

topanhodgson
04-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Hi

I want to remove the door panel on a SEAT Alhambra to take a look at the window winder mechanism on one of the rear doors and also the central locking mechanism on the driver's door. Both appear to have failed independently.

Does anyone know how to remove the inner door panel? I can't see any obvious screws etc.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

gtimike
05-02-2008, 01:25 AM
is yours an earlier model??

If it is ... pop out the plastic trim behind the inner door handle and you`ll find a screw in there ... once thats out its just a matter of GENTLY popping the door panel clips off from behind the panel with a trim tool .

topanhodgson
05-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the reply...

It's the newer model...

Tim

Ktread
15-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Tim

did you ever attempt to remove the door panel? I have a similar problem with my rear passenger window which is now stuck open. have removed the plastic trim around the handle but no sign of a screw yet!

needing to turn my attention to this urgently as the weather has been good but is meant to be rainy for the rest of the week!!!

Cheers

K

topanhodgson
15-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Mine is a newer model. Part of the handle (what you would use to pull the door shut) clips out. You have to lever it out with your thumbs pushing downwards on it and then the rest of it, electric window switch and all, can be lifted out. This reveals 3 bolts. once these are undone the door panel can be removed. Might require a bit of force. I then understand there is a plastic sheet or something across the door which might need to be removed.

Another thing to consider is that it might be a wire that has broken. Check the trunking which is visible when you open the door in the gap where the hinges are. It's a black tube through which runs the wires from the central locking and electric windows. These wires are prone to breaking and might simply require a bit of soldering. If the window worked intermittently for a while before packing up completely then this is the most plausible explanation.

Good luck. Be interested to know how you get on.

Ktread
15-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Whole in one! brown wire completely worn through! atleast I didn't take the door panel off.

took some photos too which might assist others. I did spend ages trying to pry off the wrong end of the flexi connector, but luckily failed!

topanhodgson
16-09-2009, 08:19 AM
Excellent! Well Done!

ninja6j2
03-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Whole in one! brown wire completely worn through! atleast I didn't take the door panel off.

took some photos too which might assist others. I did spend ages trying to pry off the wrong end of the flexi connector, but luckily failed!

Mate you saved me £560.00 pounds as i was quoted this to fit new door regulator and relay by seat as the picture showed IT WAS THE BROWN WIRE ,it was broken inside the rubber ,going to get a 1 inch crimp connector ( like the 1 you use on speakers ) as trying to solder the wire was to fiddly .:biglaugh::beerchug:

jeno
21-06-2010, 12:48 PM

hye i have a 2 ltr t plate alhambra and i have just bought a remote central locking kit i do already have central locking just want to add remote with reciever just wondering if you know any of the wires here in the pic as i need to know them to install or do you know of anywere to get the wiring diagram tryed evrywer to no avail thanks

Neil Alhamara
20-04-2013, 02:36 PM
New to forum, its my father in laws car but just had the same problem. What surprises me is that even with the brown wire broken when you try the up/ down button you can hear the motor turn and try to lower/ raise the window. Because of this I had ruled out a broken connector but as per this post and photos it was the brown wire that was broken.
Thanks,
Neil