PDA

View Full Version : Radio Issues

mikes920
05-11-2006, 02:33 AM
i've got a '02 a4 1.8t and my radio crapped out today. hoping someone could help me out.

i turned on the car and my radio just didn't work. it is on, but the display is orange with no lettering. i can tell it's on as the lights on the radio are all on and the display, though not displaying any numbers or letters, is orange. it doesn't respond to any of the buttons.

to make matters worse, when i turn the car off, the radio doesn't go off. meaning that my battery is slowly being drained. i can't turn the radio off.

any suggestions?

adamss24
05-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Get it diagnozed or if you have the radio code just remove the fuse and leave for a few min. Replace fuse and see if its reset. If id didnot reset you need to scan for fault codes !

tedebare
18-05-2007, 04:20 PM
Hi! I hope I am doing this right...
I have a 2001 A4 and my radio is in "safe" mode and it won't do anything not even let me put the code it... It was working fine a week ago.. Help! :(

srs1439
30-05-2007, 03:03 AM
Radio came on this morning and was working fine. Then stopped. The preset stations are still there, it scans, cd player works fine, but lots of "popping" noises through the speaker when played. We bought this car used for son and we had to get the code from Audi as the radio was in safe mode. It has been working fine up until this morning.

Is this a radio problem, a short in a wire, loose connection, etc etc? Any Ideas would be appreciated. I have ordered the tools to remove the radio and check connections. Sorry, forgot to mention it is a 2000 year model

Fettler
30-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Possible bad aerial connection.

miniredcooper
30-05-2007, 09:09 AM
Hey srs 149,

certainly sounds like a connection or earth or aerial connection somewhere.
Don't suppose the car is fitted with an aftermarket hands free kit - if so I would start with this as a potential culprit (obviously after checking the aerial as recommended by Fettler)
Good Luck

srs1439
30-05-2007, 11:07 PM
It is a stock symphony series radio. No aftermarket equipment at all. I am waiting on the "keys" to pull it out, so I can check connections. Cheers!:beerchug: