PDA

View Full Version : bloody airbag light

simmo490
03-02-2008, 09:35 PM
so i thought i would do some bits to the new beetle today. had both seats up while working in the back.

bloody started the car and airbag light stays on, must have disturbed one of the seat sensors. had to order the VAG software and an OBD2 cable,

also put a new window regulator in, **** of a job, when i took the door pannel off there is a small open circut board with a chip velcrowed to the inner pannel, and it is scotchclipped on to various wires ont he loom.

any ideas anyone??

cheers, simmo

turbobugger
06-02-2008, 12:57 AM
In my manual, It states how to disable the airbag system.
The manual states that the SRS airbag system should be disabled before you unplug any of the SRS plugs

Let me know if you want the steps to diable the SRS

turbobugger
06-02-2008, 01:04 AM
The Haynes service manual for the new beetle also states. "If the light doesnt come on or doesnt go out after a short time, or if it comes on while you're driving the vehicle, or if it blinks at any time, there is a malfunction in the SRS system. Have it inspected and repaired as soon as possible. Do not attempt to troubleshoot or service the SRS system yourself. Even a small mistake couold cause the SRS system to malfunction when you need it."

But the manual has sections for Siabling the SRS system, enabling the system, removal and instation of the SRS system

Honestly, I would try to disable and then enable the system and see what that does.

If you replace your bags I suggest you follow the manual advice and disable the SRS airbag before you start removing the bags.

naf536
08-02-2008, 12:46 PM
there is a small open circut board with a chip velcrowed to the inner pannel, and it is scotchclipped on to various wires on the loom.

any ideas anyone??

cheers, simmo

It is a device called "alientech" window switch, and it used to open/close the windows by pressing the buttons on the keyfob in a certain order.

You will need to go to their website and request the programming instructions if you want to get it working again as i lost the instructions and it lost its programming when i changed the battery.

http://www.alientech.net/

Neil