PDA

View Full Version : A6 onboard computer

richards123
03-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Hi, i have just bought my first Audi A6 2.0 SE 1995, I have since noticed that the computer does'nt seem to be working, and when i turn on the lights the dashboard lights go really dim ??? have been told replace the dashboard clocks and this will solve the computer and dim light probs ?? would this be the case please.. also trying to fit cd player and don't seem to have any power.. player works fine but not in my A6..... look forward to any advice please... thanks
:confused:

buster
03-02-2008, 05:32 PM
Hi, i have just bought my first Audi A6 2.0 SE 1995, I have since noticed that the computer does'nt seem to be working, and when i turn on the lights the dashboard lights go really dim ??? have been told replace the dashboard clocks and this will solve the computer and dim light probs ?? would this be the case please.. also trying to fit cd player and don't seem to have any power.. player works fine but not in my A6..... look forward to any advice please... thanks
:confused:

This may sound silly, but regarding the dim dashboard lights. Have you tried turning them up?

You ought to have the computer analised before changing it. You can change the module between the clocks, not the whole thing. Pricey though.

What exactly is worng with the DIS? (Puter)

Will it not turn on, goes off whilst using it, won't reset, ot what?

richards123
03-02-2008, 06:59 PM
hi Buster, i may sound silly but how do i turn the dash light up please.... no manual with car....
And the computer just won't turn on. forgive me but i know very little about cars..
Thanks for helping.... Rick

ael140
03-02-2008, 07:57 PM
hi Buster, i may sound silly but how do i turn the dash light up please.... no manual with car....
And the computer just won't turn on. forgive me but i know very little about cars..
Thanks for helping.... Rick

mind if I jump in?-there is should be 2 black "stalks" that protrude from the clear plastic of the dash clock area....the right one resets the trip,and the left one,if you twist it it lightens/dims the lighting. ;)

ps are you sure it has a computer/autocheck,as my non SE doesn't but does have the same dash,(ie looks like the computer is there but not illuminated)???

richards123
03-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Hi there, you are tops that has cured my dull dash lights, thanks.. could it be that my SE is the same and has the display lit up for the computer but nothing showing inside?? Do you know how i can find out please?? Also no power on a working cd player when trying to fit to A6, do you know if i can just run a live from the battery straight to the player... once again thank you ... Rick

ael140
03-02-2008, 08:19 PM
re the stereo,I assume its not the original unit?,some vary in which pin the power goes to,well I know they certainly have done between Sonys and Blaupunkts before.
I would use a multimeter(20 quid from maplins) and go through the wiring cluster that sits ready in the stereo area in the dash,to be sure.
Running a fresh wire in seems a bit crude for the A6 but if you have to,don't forget to fuse it!

re the dash computer,does yours have functions/figures on it or is it a dummy one(like mine) as seen in this pic........

http://i18.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/d4/9b/b3ef_1.JPG

richards123
03-02-2008, 08:30 PM
ok will get the stereo leads checked properly, and my computer box on the dash lights up with mpg etc... thanks... doesn't look like it is a dummy one.. not sure??

ael140
03-02-2008, 08:33 PM
sounds like a real one yep.

richards123
03-02-2008, 09:08 PM
ok thanks will get it checked out...

1964ninjaman
02-05-2008, 03:37 PM
:aargh4: GOT AN A4 MYSELF AND I 2 HAVE PROBLEM WIV DASH COMP SEEM TO FADE WHEN CAR AS WARMED UP IF I FIND A NEW SOLUTION WILL POST FOR EVERYONE