PDA

View Full Version : Brake & or Clutch Problem

mountaintiger
02-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi. can anyone help?

I have a problem with the VW TDI 1.9 Estate 2007 car im currently driving. on the odd occasion and its only happened a couple of times in the last month when Im coming up to a junction and have the clutch pedal pressed and then brake, the brake pedal feels like there is no pressure there and seems to push back (a couple of times) against my foot, its as though my brake shoes (or whatever they are) do not exist. But it does brake normally 99% of the time.

I dont know if this is related but 2nd gear also seems difficult to engage(slight crunching noise) without pressing the clutch firmly, so much so I have moved my seat forward to allow me to apply more pressure.

I have this problem on a lease car which is due to go back mid Feb.

Would appreciate any comments

Pauloz
02-02-2008, 09:22 PM
That doesnt make sense at all bud. Not saying it isnt happening, just that it doesnt make sense ;o) There is no physical connection between the brake and clutch.
The brake issue you describe is really scary though...... especially on an 07 passat where you dont have a handbrake as such as backup! Personally I wouldnt drive the car.
Difficulty selecting one specific gear isnt likely to be clutch related either. The clutch doesnt know what gear its disengaging, its moves the same whatever gear it is, with the same pedal movement required for every one.

Crasher
02-02-2008, 09:28 PM
That sounds like a problem with the tandem pump which delivers vacuum to the brake servo. As the car is under warranty and it is a safety issue, contact a VW dealer as soon as possible.