PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet stuck!!!

Kamperman
02-02-2008, 06:56 PM
2.0E Coupe, bonnet stuck on left side, feels like the cable has come loose...any non-destructive ways to get in there and release?? ive taken off the lower headlight trim and pushed the bonnet retaining bar out of its housing hoping to release the tension, but it dosent seem to affect anything... any ideas would be greatly appreciated...had enough for today out there..its getting cold,dark and the wolves are comming out of the woods now...ill try again tommorrow...

Kamperman
03-02-2008, 12:30 PM
No worries fixed it!!, taking off the lower light trim allowed me to push the bonnet release spring bar out if it housing, therefore releaseing the tension ( a fix if you cable has snapped), but in this case it was my error in adjusting the bonnet pin to far inwards towards the centre therefore fouling on the recess. removing the undertray and pushing it centre to the hole with a very long screwdriver....it popped open.....very happy bunny now but a bit peed off for fiddling with something that wasnt broken...and i broke it...you live and learn i guess.