PDA

View Full Version : Vag Com?

Mowzer
02-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Hi all I have been looking for a error code reader for VW and Audi cars and someone told me about VAG COM is it any good?
Also where can I get it from and what will i need to run it?

Any help would be great cheers Neil

Eshrules
05-02-2008, 04:25 PM
yoohoo

:Blush:

Corgi
14-02-2008, 11:15 PM
Forigve my innocence, ...I'm very tech savy but wonder if a VAG Com could help me with my old '97 Polo 1.9 CL?...what if anything could I diagnose with a VAGCOM? I'd really like to find out more that's for sure.

Crasher
14-02-2008, 11:25 PM
A full version of VAG-COM (not the very limited shareware version) will allow you near dealer level functionality making it possible to not only read fault codes but interpret them, clear adaptations, reset the throttle body and much more. The current Beta Release is 711.1 and I use it professionally many times a day. I know a lot of VAG mechanics and most consider it better than VW's own system in some respects but not in all but then again it is thousands of pounds cheaper even when taking into account buying a decent lap top and a Ross Tech authorised Hex USB cable.

b5passat99
15-02-2008, 12:16 PM
A full version of VAG-COM (not the very limited shareware version) will allow you near dealer level functionality making it possible to not only read fault codes but interpret them, clear adaptations, reset the throttle body and much more. The current Beta Release is 711.1 and I use it professionally many times a day. I know a lot of VAG mechanics and most consider it better than VW's own system in some respects but not in all but then again it is thousands of pounds cheaper even when taking into account buying a decent lap top and a Ross Tech authorised Hex USB cable.

Ive been told due to the age of my car '99, that i have to run v409.1, if i registered that, would i get everything yuv just mentioned? or that still heavily limited ?? It costs $99 to reg, whatever thats in UK, is it worth the expence, or is the workaround im using sufficient?

dansansome
15-02-2008, 12:44 PM
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vag-functions.html

link to vag com shareware/registered differences

Crasher
15-02-2008, 02:23 PM
I think 409.1 would give you everything you need but it is years since I used it. I still have a registered serial lead version of 409.1 on my old back up Vaio in case one of my two USB cables fail and we need two at once.

b5passat99
15-02-2008, 06:21 PM
http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/vag-functions.html

link to vag com shareware/registered differences

Thanx, i hav read that before, now that i understand vag-com a bit more, it makes more sense, guess its more money 2 spend on this car lol
can i shoot the messenger? for pointing out i need to spend more money lol only jokin :S

Havin never had this car on the road, apart from some back lane road testin, an back n forth to mot centre
i hope its worth it; the time, money n stress

I think 409.1 would give you everything you need but it is years since I used it. I still have a registered serial lead version of 409.1 on my old back up Vaio in case one of my two USB cables fail and we need two at once.

i'll give ya tenner 4 ya product key n laptop lol