PDA

View Full Version : 0141flyingv

0141flyingv
02-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Hi,

I have a 2004 LT35 panel van and recently have been having an intermittent problem. The symptoms are- severe lack of power when under load ie. loaded van going up slight gradient on motorway etc. Feels like turbo has cut out. When van is switched off and restarted the problem has gone. However, recently it has become worse and the problem is sometimes there form start up. I've been told that it could be the air mass valve (don't know if this is the right terminology). Any suggestions?? Thanks.

0141flyingv
02-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Please bear with me - 1st time using the forum, as you can gather by my duplicate postings!!

bora(ing) nick
02-02-2008, 07:15 PM
I'd suggest getting it fault code read. Sounds like an overboost problem to me.

Could be a number of things, sticky turbo vanes, leaky boost hose ect ect.

Nick

Herman.58
02-02-2008, 08:42 PM
If you want to check if its your MAF sensor without getting a vagcom reading disconnect it by taking off the wiring plug. I dont know exactly where it is on your van ( I have a T4) but it should be near the air box between airbox and turbo. You are getting limp mode which is the engine protecting itself when the ECU detects a fault, As Nick says from turbo overboost.. It resets when you turn off the ignition.

If its the MAF at fault the problem will go when you disconnect it. Just replace the sensor. It could also be your n75 valve which controls turbo boost. VAGCOM will detect this. I'd check all my vacuum hoses before replacing the Valve. :beerchug:

0141flyingv
03-02-2008, 03:41 PM
thanks ill give it a go let you know how i get on:beerchug:

0141flyingv
05-02-2008, 02:02 PM
disconnected maf sensor plug checked vacumm pipes and checked turbo impellor for sticking/lift at bearing fault still there im afraid im not sure where n75 valve is or if i could check it:(

puddick
09-02-2008, 12:34 AM
unplug the air mass meter and run it, if you have still og the lack of power thats the problem, its a common fault on the LT.
If not, check all the turbo pipes for damage and listen for any sound of air blowing through, also the intercooler for leaks (usual down the side where the alloy meets the plastic frame) might not blow but may b signs of oil leaking

0141flyingv
09-02-2008, 12:52 PM
hi took van into local garage[ not dealer] who connected it to his diagnostic machine . air mass sensor fault came up right away he changed it fault gone. thanks for help:Blush: