PDA

View Full Version : front shock absorbers

yvonne8261
02-02-2008, 03:34 AM
Hi
Have got a 2002 A4 130bph tdi and car has failed MOT today due to faulty front drivers shock absorber. Can anyone advise which brands are best to purchase, and any online deals etc, as I want to get the car sorted very soon and re-tested again. Thanks

Crasher
02-02-2008, 06:17 AM
Sachs or Boge would be my recommendation but I won't recommend buying from an internet supplier. What is more important is that it is fitted correctly, removing the damper from an A4 can be a nightmare if the top bolt is seized and correct alignment of the damper during re-assembly with the spring is critical or all sorts of tyre wear and suspension alignment problems can result.

yvonne8261
02-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Hi

Thank you very much for your quick response and good advice. I have got quotations for Munroe shocks locally and can also have them fitted there too, so certainly will take onboard you advice. Its great that i have found this site. Also have a problem with the tensioner (hope thats the name) need a new belt. car has only 70,000 miles and is as new,just having a run of it at the moment, but certainly like Audi and wouldnt drive anything else!!