PDA

View Full Version : Jetta recall ?

fusemender
01-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Just recieved an e-mail form the fleet manager, I have to take my 57 plate Jetta to a ******* as there may be a problem with the heater.
Anyone else heard of this yet ?
Steve.

shottdi
07-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi, Fusemender. This is a recall on new Jettas and new Golf Estate cars ( recall bulletin No. 87B4) and concerns a connection on the auxilliary heating element. The dealer needs to check the earth connection on the element to make sure it is secure, otherwise it could lead to overheating and a possible vehicle fire. I've just had my 07 plate Jetta (which I only bought last week!) in to the dealer to have the work carried out, and it takes around half an hour. Hope this helps.

fusemender
07-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks shottdi.
Been to the VW ******* at Stafford today to have it done.
Took about an hour, they washed the car and I also got a free vehicle check and air freshener.
I think I might go back here when the service is due.
Steve.

samanthamollica
20-04-2008, 02:20 AM
Anyone having problems with the dual mass flywheel failure. My 2006 Jetta is in the shop now because it came apart,not covered under waranty,can someone help? From reading some of the forums this has been a defect, this should be a recall:zx11:

Pauloz
21-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Anyone having problems with the dual mass flywheel failure. My 2006 Jetta is in the shop now because it came apart,not covered under waranty,can someone help? From reading some of the forums this has been a defect, this should be a recall:zx11:
Playing devils advocate.... it depends why it came apart. The fact that its not covered under warranty indicates they think its down to driving style - and VW are normally pretty good at changing parts under warranty IMO.
Slipping the clutch too much, holding on the bite point on hills, or driving with one foot on the clutch pedal all the time can destroy a flywheel fairly quickly.

samanthamollica
21-04-2008, 02:59 PM
I have a 2006 Jetta TDI, automatic,( but you also can shift if you want to) something i never do.The VW tec. said the dual mass flywheel came apart. This is due to a defect in the part. It shound be covered under something. It will caos me over 1300 dollars, i only use the VW dealer for oil changes and check ups, a sensor went out at about 20 thousand miles,but this part was never checked. Now i am STUCK with a big bill.:1zhelp: