PDA

View Full Version : Mk 4 Engine Problem

AndyB2006
03-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Hello to everyone, this is my first post on this site and I hope someone can help me because this problem is driving me mad.

Basically the problem I am having is that when the engine is warmed up and then turned off, it struggles to start again meaning I have to plan my journey's very carefully. Things like going to work are ok because it just sits there all day and can cool down, but if I just wanto to go down the shops - theres no chance (unless I want to sit there for half an hour while it cools down)

I took the car to the VW Dane in Chester and I was surprised (and not very happy) when they said they couldn't find a problem.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Andy.

adamss24
03-11-2006, 03:55 PM
HI, CHANGE THE ECU POWER SUPLY RELAY AS IT CRACKS INTERNALLY AND WHEN HOT IT STOPS RELAYNG POWER TO THE ECU AND THERE ARE NO FAULT CODES SET IN THE MEMORY AS THE ECU THINKS THAT THE IGNITION SWITCH IS OFF...TDI RELAY 109, LOOK ON OTHER TREADS FOR THE NUMBER OF THE PETROL ONE AS I DONT REMEMBER WHICH IS IT !!!

2Dcadman
05-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Had the same trouble, once I relplaced the 109 relay I have not had a any problems. The new relays are black, not grey like the faulty ones.

Good luck

AndyB2006
07-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Thanks for your replies. Should hopefully get it sorted now.