PDA

View Full Version : flashing exclamation mark on dash

nik
03-11-2006, 12:41 AM
Hi

I have recently noticed that when I am driving, a circle with an exclamation mark inside it flashes on and off constantly. The car seems to drive fine and there doesn't SEEM to be any problems, and I was just wondering what this sign meant and if I have a problem? Thanks

nik

onzarob
03-11-2006, 06:06 PM
The exclamation symbol is a warning light for your braking system, I would get it checked immediatly. It warns for worn pads, low brake fluid level etc. So don't ignore it you could end up with no brakes if you have a leak.

The most important thing before moving is stopping!!!!

I don't now what exactly flashing means for your model but it allways good to treat anything with brakes as very urgent.

Rob :D

nik
04-11-2006, 07:09 PM
sorted mate! was my brake fluid. but i now have a problem as i obviously have a leak. where do i look? there are no obvious signs on my drive for evidence of leakage.

onzarob
04-11-2006, 09:08 PM
It may not be a leak, it could be just wear on the pads. you need to check your brake pad wear to see how much is left and look for any leaks in the process. most likely places for leaks are hoses to the brake calipers/drums or wheel cylniders.

Get a Haynes Manual or better still take it to a mechanic and get him to have a look, as I said before don't take chances it your neck!!!

Rob :D