PDA

View Full Version : Key Jammed in door

joanne
31-01-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey, I have a 2001 Passat first of all the central locking packed up fitted new batterys thinking that would solve the problem it didnt. red led flashes but nothing happens

so for the last few months ive been useing the key the old fashioned way not realy much of a problem till today.
i can lock the door no problem however trying to get the key out is near on inposible as it wont turn back to the upright position. and everytime i try it gets harder to turn back to the point im worried the key may snap off ive tried spraying some wd40 in the lock but to no avail.
so i know have to lock and unlock it from the passenger door this can be a pain in... the rain:Screem:

so does anyone now what could be the problem or even better how to get the central locking working.
Please someone help!!!!!!:(

kenney
01-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Hi You may have a problem with the comfort control unit,under the carpet passenger side.These tend to get wet with the result, corrosion on the wire connections.The water comes usually from the plenium chamber,there is a drainage hole under the battery,remove the rubber.

GTW
01-02-2008, 08:57 PM
If you've suffered water penetration to your CCM, you'll normally notice damp carpetting in the passenger front footwell (where the CCM is under the carpet). It's not always obvious, so you may want to lift the carpet to check. There'll be lots of comments on here if you do a search.

Do you have any other electrical gremlins?

The key jammed bit sounds more like a mechanical problem around the key entry point/tumblers. Does it come out easy at any point at all?

My CL packed up and it was the drivers door module - good reading here:
http://www.taligentx.com/passat/maintenance/doorlockmechanism/

Can empathise with your frustration!

Gaz