PDA

View Full Version : LEDs Tail Lights for A4 B7?

poyorudo
31-01-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi. I currently own an S4 Avant B7. I'm kind of sick of the tail lights. You know... with the round bulbs inside which looks like they are made in China! (maybe they are.)

Anyway I've been surfing the web for a while now and I can only find LED tail lights for previous models ( B5 or B6.)

If you guys know of any upgraded tail lights, even if they are not LED lights for the B7 Avant let me know!

Thank you all and keep up with the good job!

Zakaudi
21-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi!

272 (LED) is the size you require, autobulbsdirect.co.uk sell them
Bit pricy at £4.50 each

Hope that helps

kaab0
21-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Hi!

272 (LED) is the size you require, autobulbsdirect.co.uk sell them
Bit pricy at £4.50 each

Hope that helps

Do you know of anyone that has replaced their bulbs for the LED version and how they look? Pics? I'm thinking of doin the same replacement but if it looks tacky and not stylish wont bother!!
Mine is an A4 S line Saloon..........

kodkod.84
21-07-2008, 09:58 PM
What I would like is the LED rear lights for the A4 like in the current A6 Avant and RS6

Is this the look you are after as this would probably be totally new rear light units.

ameen6
22-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Hi guys...

I was actually looking for this LED tail lights for the B7 model quite a while and recently found them. A company in my ctry actually makes them and it's a custom order. It uses complete OEM parts and kits but converted fully to LED. I have ordered two pairs and awaiting them to deliver.
The only thing is that the LED is only on the outer sides. The inner lights ( in the boot area) that has the fog lights in it remains the same as old.

kaab0
22-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Ah ok keep us posted on your find and purchase, maybe with photo's if possible with info. of manufacturer/company? Sounds like it maybe what im after!!!

Zakaudi
23-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Please do keep me posted to regarding the led kights, pictures would be helpfull, and manufactures details?

:beerchug:

frenchman_CRO
23-07-2008, 02:43 PM
[quote=ameen6;210442]

I was looking @ Ebay, all tuning houses in Europe for A6 avant like - LED tail lights and didnt find anything. I´ve even tryed to upgrade it with LED bulbs but there is no deference. Only brake lamp has no fade out effect anymore.

Ameen6 - please send some photos and price. Im so mad of searching that I think I will make DYI tail lights if i dont buy OEM product.

p.s. where do you live?

ifty
25-07-2008, 06:37 PM
HI all
I have converted my audi a4 b7 avant tail lights to the A6 leds. check the attatched photo out and let me know what you think.

kodkod.84
25-07-2008, 08:15 PM
Those LED lights look sweet!

Was this a difficult retrofit to do?

What parts did you need?

frenchman_CRO
26-07-2008, 08:24 AM
HI all
I have converted my audi a4 b7 avant tail lights to the A6 leds. check the attatched photo out and let me know what you think.

GREAT job!!! please tell us how much did it cost you? I would like to order 1 pair for B7 limousine! :)

ifty
26-07-2008, 11:29 AM
idont want to put u off but it was an exrtremely tough job to do and the car was out of action for a week even though i got a professional to do the job. he said to me after he is not going to do them again.

ifty
26-07-2008, 11:34 AM
You can't just simply order the A4 LEDs. You have to get them made.
Simply you have to buy a set of A6 Leds (£255 from dealers), dismantle them and take the LED lights out and after dismantling your own A4 lights, insert the LEDS into the A4 lights.
It is a very difficult job to do and cost me in the region of £800. I think they are worth it.

kaab0
27-07-2008, 01:04 AM
Hi, I agree does look awsome but what an expense!!!! Will def. have to think about that one but is exactly the look i would like and could probably do the work myself. But then having my s line off the road!!! :(

frenchman_CRO
27-07-2008, 02:54 PM
You can't just simply order the A4 LEDs. You have to get them made..

I have money to buy a6 tail lights with leds. Is there any cutting and welding or it will fit perfectly?

Turbokiisseli
30-07-2008, 11:11 AM
Why not just get some LED strip from ebay for pocket change and use that instead of sacrificing a set of ridiculously expensive A6 lights?

frenchman_CRO
30-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Why not just get some LED strip from ebay for pocket change and use that instead of sacrificing a set of ridiculously expensive A6 lights?

those aftermarket LED strips look very cheap... :(
I`ve been looking for devils headlights for b7, and there where only led strips... i would make devil headlights on cheaper car, but not on B7 :)

frenchman_CRO
30-07-2008, 02:58 PM
I`ve contacted local dealer in Croatia, A6 LED taillights (pair, 4 pieces 2xouter 2xiner unit) costs aprox. 400GBP

ifty > please send us some more information, detailed pictures with your tailights. They look wonderfull!

ifty
02-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Dont get them from croatia, go to local audi dealer, a6 led tail lights will cost £260.00 max.

I do have a full manual on how to retrofit the led tail lights. i only reccomend professionals attempt it as it is technical. I had a professional install mine, i will post a full rear end photo later to show you exactly how they look in the dark.

whoever is intersted after seeing the photo can email me at twokng@hotmail.com, and will email you back with the manual.

Heathy
07-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Yeah, come on ifty, do tell????

teerak2uk
05-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Hi guys anyone had a problem with bulb monitoring showing side/brake bulbs out after the upgrade

many thanks