PDA

View Full Version : Audi new boy...advice, thoughts, opinions sought...

Tricky11
31-01-2008, 12:32 PM
Morning All...very much enjoying this site...thanks for having me.

i'm here because i've have had a mad urge to get rid of my 9-3 (52 plate 1.9t vector) over the past couple of weeks...went to audi dealership and have convinced myself its time to get an a4 avant - looks lovely, 3 nippers will squeeze in. not interested in any other car...like the saab's looks, but its petrol, n a bit old, n...

Anyway, the new one's got to be black.

Got to have cruise.

Got to be diesel.

Love sunroofs.

Maybe a bit of leather too.

Am veering towards sline for looks

Did have a budget of £20k...but might be tempted go new...

Any thoughts on how new A4 saloon will affect things?

New a4 avant out in 18 months the dealer tells me...would it be daft to buy a new one now?

will there be a glut of nice nearly new avants around in a few weeks as people trade them in for the new saloons?

am very excited, but have only been looking into things for a few days, so forgive the daft questions.

I test drove a nice one at the dealers (march 07 sline with 9400 on it - no leather, no sunroof, not much really, but probably good enough with added cruise), but they wanted 22750 for it...that's what made me think new.

i think i could get them to retrofit cruise to it and knock a lil bit off, but thought this was pricey...esp for a fairly low spec...

140bhp versus 170....am not a real foot down driver...just like the look of the split exhausts, but dont wanna pay extra tax n insurance for it...how much does it add on?

also, what do people make of these internet dealers like jamjar and drive the deal etc etc...any experiences?...i priced my perfect a4 avant up on DriveTheDeal the other night (sline with cruise, leather, sunroof, rear airbags)and was 3k cheaper then on audi's configurator...is this for real? can they supply me an exact/slightly unusual spec? delivery times? anybody know?

also, any must have options in your opinion...i can do without auto dipping rear view mirror for example....any things that people think are worth getting or worth leaving...

all thoughts on new/nearly new a4 avants appreciated...

apologies for the longness of message too!