PDA

View Full Version : late model T4 glow plug 2.5TDI

t4owner
30-01-2008, 03:01 PM
help needed
I want to replace the glow plugs in my 1999/2000 long nose Caravelle 2.5TDi I have found threads to do this on the 2.4 diesel but nothing on the turbo 2.5 diesel. Can anyone help please. I have got the replacement plugs but can't see how to get to plugs on the engine. Thanks for looking.
:1zhelp:

kenney
30-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi you must remove radiator grille.

t4owner
30-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I have removed the upper grill and lower cover that runs under the headlights, what a hell of a job it was to get the clips at the ends to release. I then unbolted the radiator and tried to lower it but there are 2 pipes stopping me lowering the rad, one on the right which is to the pressure vessel, I disconnected that, the one on the left went to another header tank just to the left of the rad as you look at it. I was unsure about that so I left it connected. I could see the fuel injectors but no sign of the heater plugs which I assume shoud be near the injectors. It's very tight in there and not easy to see what's going on. Is it worth me going on or do I have to fork out the £139 that I have been quoted and admit defeat?

kenney
31-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Hi The glow plugs are below each injector and a little to the side you then pull the connector off,(plastic cover)you can not see the plugs before you remove the connector

t4owner
31-01-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks Kenny I'll give it another go as soon as the weather improves, we have had snow here today! not good for working outdoors.
:beerchug: