PDA

View Full Version : Sharan km to miles switch

jonlill
01-11-2006, 02:14 PM
:Blush: :beerchug: Can anyone help. whilst following the proceedure to reset the service warning on my mileage display I have somehow switched the odometer from miles to kilometers.

I can't seem to switch it back again and can't find in the handbook any instructions on how to do this.

Any one got any ideas?

:1zhelp:

I have tried changing the softweaqr coding on my instrument cluster using VAG COm, it was 00124 so I changed it to 00134 as suggested in another part of this forum but it didn't make any difference that I could see.

Could I have somehow reset the instrument cluster back to its default settings?

In desperation I just tried disconnecting the battery for 10 mins then reconnected. Result the display has gone back to miles.

Don't understand why. Could it be that the softwear code for the cluster is only read when the module boots up after a power cut?

Any problem solved :beerchug:

sharanman
21-01-2008, 01:45 AM
:Blush: :beerchug: Can anyone help. whilst following the proceedure to reset the service warning on my mileage display I have somehow switched the odometer from miles to kilometers.

I can't seem to switch it back again and can't find in the handbook any instructions on how to do this.

Any one got any ideas?

I have tried changing the softweaqr coding on my instrument cluster using VAG COm, it was 00124 so I changed it to 00134 as suggested in another part of this forum but it didn't make any difference that I could see.

In desperation I just tried disconnecting the battery for 10 mins then reconnected. Result the display has gone back to miles.

Don't understand why. Could it be that the softwear code for the cluster is only read when the module boots up after a power cut?

21/01/2008
Hi There
I M New here and first time adding some post here.

Well, Last week I had a same problem as you that my miles went in KM in my 2000 sharan1.9tdi. Then i found ur post here and it was so helpful. I did disconnect the battery and reconnect after 5/7 mins. and it worked. So it's not the VAG Com or something like that. But just the Disconnect and Reconnect the battery will do if some1 has same problem. pls contact me if any1 need more help.

riverchick
29-05-2009, 08:08 PM

Any one got any ideas?

I actually came to this forum looking for a way to reset the service warning on my Sharan. You said that your problem arose from following the reset it, can you tell me the procedure?

Many thanks