PDA

View Full Version : New member

tom fenton
01-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Hello to you all from a new member, I am just in the process of buying an Audi A4 Avant 2.5 TDi quattro.

The car is a 1998 S registered model, it has central locking but not remote, does anyone know if it is possible to upgrade this to remote central locking by getting the remote type key and having it programmed in?

adamss24
01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Your car should came with remote fob keys as standard but i think they got lost/replaced with keys without the fob. New key should be programed with diagnostic equipment so loock for a good locksmith with the equipment to read Secret Key Code(SKC) from your instrument cluster and to be able to program fobs to the Convenience Control Module(central locking to you and me !) and thats it ! Or you could pay a wisit to your local dealer....$$$$. Welcome to our forum !

tom fenton
02-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Many Thanks for the reply, can anyone recommend a firm to carry out this work in the South Yorkshire area??

Am I best to buy a pair of new keys (with the remote buttons) or could second hand ones be programmed to my car?

adamss24
02-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Used ones may work but stay away from ebay's ones as many cannot be programmed succesfully and they will need new blades anyway(not hard to get !)...obtain and program all the keys.

onzarob
02-11-2006, 11:10 AM
I got quoted £160 for a new key from the main dealer, so get a discount on the purchase price to cover it.

Rob :D

tom fenton
02-11-2006, 11:32 AM
It is a private sale and I have already agreed to buy it at the price knowing it didn't have the remote keys, so I'll have to stand for sorting the keys out myself I think.

I am paying £2600 for it with 140k miles on the clock, generally quite a tidy car although not immaculate, I think this is a fair price personally but any views are welcomed?