PDA

View Full Version : A4 Avant selenoid problem

chocky14u
29-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi

This is my first post, l just wondered if anyone has suffered like me with a rear tailgate selenoid malfunction which prevented the locking rods in the tailgate pushing the latch shut.

The mechanic at the approved garage had come across this problem before and gave an instant diagnosis without even looking at the vehicle. When I told him that i had already removed the rear panel, he even showed me how to disconnect the rods and operate the latch if similar happened again.

How common is this problem, has anybody suffered similar symptoms resulting in a long piece of string securing the rear tailgate shut.

faticus
29-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Hi , this a common fault - audi vw. mine went **** up a when rear washer pipe came off following frost ! loads of threads on forum- try a search .:beerchug:

chocky14u
31-01-2008, 04:29 PM
thanks for the reply faticus, got mine repaired yesterday, not bad service from *******, who ordered the part and fitted it next day, luckily whilst under warranty.

No part supply problem like some parts of the country according to previous threads.

faticus
31-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Hi chocky14u, have you have a newish a4 avant ? good result the ******* doing it under warranty !!!!!!!!!:p which one did you use ? taking my 52plate a4 avant to auto-tech for a service ,pads and brake fluid change on Monday, let you know how i get on.:beerchug:

Martin Burnard
31-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Had the problem on a number of passats that I have sold over the years. It appears to be more common on the boot locks than any door.

Task takes about 30 minutes to do from start to finish if you have done it before and nobody interrupts!

chocky14u
03-02-2008, 10:59 AM
hi faticus.......i used Harper and Hebson in Carlisle, i have a B6 A4 Avant sport on a 52 plate which i bought from them in December, keep in touch

chocky14u
04-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Had the problem on a number of passats that I have sold over the years. It appears to be more common on the boot locks than any door.

Task takes about 30 minutes to do from start to finish if you have done it before and nobody interrupts!
Hi martin

a shared problem indeed; the mechanics stated that most of the time spent on the job was removing the rear trim from the tailgate area, because of the many "poppers"" luckily i had done most of this for them securing the tailgate the previous night. they quoted the job at 1 hour approx (probably included the car wash/valet in this)

Martin Burnard
04-02-2008, 02:08 PM
An hours fair.
By the time they have filled in the job sheet and parked the car up.