PDA

View Full Version : 1.8t remap v 4motion

mysterygti
29-01-2008, 10:58 AM
as the title suggests, getting my golf remapped to approx 200bhp on sat, and i now wonder how it would go against a golf 4 motion, ie once moving? i would suspect the 4motion would still pip it from 0mph due the 4 wheel drive, but ie motorway speeds or 2nd gear onwards?

v6dub
29-01-2008, 12:04 PM
i have a 4motion and it pulls like a train, it is quicker then my mates 2.9 storm engine he put in his golf, and his is about same power, i would say that a 4motion would be quicker in all gears, and off the mark, just because it is 4 wheel drive. also the 6 speed box helps.

Crasher
29-01-2008, 12:27 PM
I have an Octavia VRS (a Golf 4 GTI 180 Anniversary under the skin) mapped to 220PS and my business partner has a standard 4-M. The Octavia is much slower if not worked hard, the 4-M is much easier and more effortless to drive, it's all down to torque and the way it is developed and the other killer advantage the 4-M has is actually putting the power on the floor. All said though, I prefer my Octavia and the main reason is fuel consumption which on a hard driven 4-M can easily plunge into single figures whereas mine gives at least 23 around town.