PDA

View Full Version : VW iPod Link (Dealer Fit) & MFD2 Nav..?

Pimped-Passat
28-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Hello,

Does anyone out there have a dealer fit iPod link fitted to their stereo..?

If so what do you think of it..?

I have one installed on my 07 Passat and I am quite disappointed with it.

For example...

The track names aren't shown on the display, and the method of using the CD "magazine" ranges from 1 to 6 is pretty basic and not that user friendly.

Also when I press the arrow keys to jump back and forward through the tracks, there is a delay, sometime of up to 5 seconds, and it more often than not plays a second of the track, goes off, waits a bit, then comes back on, just like Norman Collier..!! This is especially the case when I first start the car..... really annoying..!!!!

I have the adaptor hooked up to the MDF2 Nav unit which is fantastic, it's just this crappy iPod adaptor that lets it down...!

Any input or suggestions most welcome..

Bests
Mark

Phil Mcavity
28-01-2008, 06:48 PM
exactly the same as my setup, have dealer fit ipod + mfd2 and mines exactly the same!!. Poor design:mad:

crox
28-01-2008, 10:42 PM
I concur. I didn't get told about the lack of titles and the loss of MP3 compatibility for the head-unit.

The connector has also failed within 9K miles, replaced fine though.

james_tiger_woo
28-01-2008, 11:08 PM
I got an xcarilnk which i fitted myself (to an RCD300) - it works great, but also doesn't show track names and it also only shows the 6 CD lists.

Works a treat and from what it sounds, it doesn't do any different to the VW kit...