PDA

View Full Version : A4 tdi 110 chip

balders
30-10-2006, 09:00 PM
Could anyone please recommend a good company to chip or remap my car. Thank you

Haji_Doc
30-10-2006, 11:30 PM
In my view angel tuning sound like a good bet. They offer what sounds like a good deal. They'll test your car pre and post mapping and say will only charge you the full amount if you are completely satisfied. They can send an engineer out to you. Their price sounds reasonable. I got a quote for remapping my 170bhp 2.0 diesel dsg, and they said they could potentially give me an extra 40bhp and 50lb foot torque. I have driven the 140bhp and then the 170bhp and there was a huge difference in actual power, ie power that you feel, I hope they can deliver what they promise.
ps my car is still on order therefore I have not had it remapped yet, nor had first hand experience with angel tuning. Hope to have it done around xmas time.
Has anyone had any experience with angeltuning?
www.angeltuning.co.uk/

Dave Avant
01-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Nigel at Angeltuning is a sound guy!!

The tuning boxes are as good as I've seen comparisons between remapped and a good tuning box. The boxes are also removable and some can be altered by yourself.

One thing though, is your 110 a PD? As I think I'm right in thinking the PDs are more tunable. You should see about 140bhp. :D

marcus
30-11-2006, 05:46 PM
Hi i took delivery of my new A4 2.0 170 4 weeks ago and celtictunig are doing mine 12th december, which should give me 210bhp and 325lbft. I couldnt seem to get Angle interested in the 170 bhp engin, only the 140 bhp. By the way celtic are charging £425.00 any thoughts about Angle!!

Cheers

Marcus

Dave Avant
30-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Thats good power for a 2.0 diesel!! I remember only not so many years ago people were raving about petrol 2.0 turbos acheiving that figure!!

marcus
01-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Yes thats what i thought, probably cost a fortune in front tyers and clutches though!!!

andysuth
26-12-2006, 01:02 AM
So, any of these tuning places work around the North West?

I was looking at one of these cheap "tuning boxes" on Ebay, but not sure if they are legit or just a resister in a box. One is called "SJK Digital", anyone know of that company?

I'm driving an A4 1.9TDi (110, I think), R -Reg.

I'm after it being chipped to give better fuel economy rather than my boy racer dreams.

Anyone know of a good chipping place that will give better MPG?

Cheers,

-Andy

marcus
27-12-2006, 12:56 PM
I booked my new A4 2.0 TDI SE for a re-map only to find that when Celtic turned up, they found Audi have very recently changed from Boch ECUs to Seimans units. And the Seimans unit could only be taken apart with brut force and hammer and chiesl, which would of course void the Audi warrenty. I am now waiting for Celtic to come up with a solution to this problem. And whilst the 170 bhp engine give a good slug of power, i really want the 210 horses!!
If any one out theres knows any one who can carry out a re-map on an 8 week old Audi A4, i would love to hear from you.

Cheers

Marcus

Dave Avant
27-12-2006, 06:55 PM
I booked my new A4 2.0 TDI SE for a re-map only to find that when Celtic turned up, they found Audi have very recently changed from Boch ECUs to Seimans units. And the Seimans unit could only be taken apart with brut force and hammer and chiesl, which would of course void the Audi warrenty. I am now waiting for Celtic to come up with a solution to this problem. And whilst the 170 bhp engine give a good slug of power, i really want the 210 horses!!
If any one out theres knows any one who can carry out a re-map on an 8 week old Audi A4, i would love to hear from you.

Cheers

Marcus

Find a another who can do it through the OBD port, this is how most remappers do it, with no need to touch or remove the ECU.