PDA

View Full Version : Graham Mason

Graham Mason
28-01-2008, 11:46 AM
:( Hi,

This is my first posting so here goes.....

I own a VW Mk4 1.9TDi GT Diesel Golf 03 plate, bought from new (My first ever new car). It has been serviced at a VW dealer from new.
In the last few weeks I have had a problem when driving to work, a journey of 11miles. After about 8 miles on some mornings the engine starts to misfire causing a juddering and the ESP light to come on. When I switch the engine off and the on again the ESP light is reset and the problem goes away. The problem has never occured on the journey home which is stange.
So far I have spent £200 trying to rectify this fault - £110 to garage No.1 (not VW) who diagosed a faulty sensor, and another £90 to garage No.2 (A VW dealer) who found the turbo disconnected? Neither has cured the problem. I have now been to the same VW dealer and have been quoted £790 to replace a wiring loom feeding the injectors.

After visiting this forum I found a number of postings about similar problems. Also, similar problems appear to have occured on earlier versions of the Golf. Does anybody know if this is an engine design fault which VW has been aware of and keeping quiet about? Also, what is it about a wiring loom that can cause this type of problem, after all is'nt a wiring loom just a load of wires bundled together?

Any experiences and/or info welcome.

hagis
28-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Welcome to the forum.

You're best posting this in the Golf of general car maintanence topics, you're more likely to get an answer that way.