PDA

View Full Version : Electric window puzzle - 1994 cabriolet

ping_zero
30-10-2006, 05:28 PM
I have a 1994 cabriolet with an electric window problem. The centre switch raises and lowers the windows fine, but the driver and passanger door switches do not work at all. They did intermittently for a while, but have now stopped completly. The windows also automatically lower a few inches when detaching the soft top as they should.

Any ideas on the cause? bad relay or fuse or something else?

m4xmw
09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
I`ve just had an issue, kinda like this with my 90 elec windows.

It eventually turned out to be a corroded part of the main fuse box.

The windows were than fed off a different spur in the box and all is well.

Hope this helps?

Mark

brd
23-11-2006, 11:22 PM
I had exactly the same problem with a 95 cabrio when the car was parked in very hot weather a few times ... after a little driving and what seemed like something cooling down (??) it started working again fine. Only happend 2 or 3 times during the summer (and only have the car about 8 months)
Symptoms were driver window not working with the door switch, but would drop the proper 2 inches or so when top opened.... but if I remember rightly, the centre all-window switch didn't lower it either.

Thanks for the advice... I'll give that a look too.
Brian.

Timja
27-11-2006, 12:04 AM
I had same problem 3 years ago on my 95 Cab. Can't remember if it was a connection on the switch or on the fuse.

Problem has now come back on passenger side rear window, so have to look at again!