PDA

View Full Version : Are there any good VW independants in Merseyside?

LWW
30-10-2006, 04:36 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of a VAG independant in Merseyside or even the North West? Just had a VW quote for a Cambelt change on a V6TDI at £630 !!!

Gaz the Cab
30-10-2006, 07:53 PM
I use Central VW in Ellesmere Port, phone number 0151 355 1246 ask for Simon or Pete, good lads, labout charge is £38 p hr plus VAT I'm afraid, tell them Gary the taxi driver sent you.

katies dad
02-11-2006, 06:05 AM
LWW. There is a guy in Crosby who is an independent VW garage. Unfortunately I don't have the name of the garage. However, he is located behind P&A Audio which are on Liverpool Road, not too far from Merchant Taylors Girls school.

I've only ever heard good reports about him so it may be worth your while trying him out.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

KD

redlancer
03-11-2006, 10:02 AM
I've used central VW in Ellesmere port, what i'd call a proper garage.

Brava1230_0
17-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Hiya, the VW independent garage behind P+A Audio in Crosby Liverpool is called D+A O'Shea.

LWW
26-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the recommendations. I've used Central VW in Ellesmere Port a number of times for the bigger jobs that I couldn't / wouldn't do through the dealer. They did my cambelt change, some clutch work & a lowering on an eibach kit. Not used them for a while as just had the one car for the last couple of years and Ellesmere Port is a long way out for me. Having said that the garage is right next to the railway station so you can drop off then head to Liverpool or Chester if you want. Always been very reasonable cost wise given the work they've done. No hesitation in recommending them.