PDA

View Full Version : Golf Mk 4 GT TDI>>Engine problem

ray2002
30-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Had it checked it came up with Misfire on cylinder2, so was told to get the injector changed (£170 for 1 injector:zx11: )....i did this and got the car back a few days ago and it was running as normal. However as i started it this morning and drove it ...engine warning light came on and started to judder, pulled over and switched it off, i left it for a few minuites and started it again......back to normal again:confused: and i drove it to work about 45miles with no problems ......so any suggestions would be gratefull.

adamss24
30-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Hi, i think you have a turbo related problem, either the turbo overboosts and puts the car in limp mode or it could be a sensor. How many miles on the MAF ? Have them do another scan and give us the number of the code( 5 nr) as its easyer to look for a solution if we have these.

ray2002
30-10-2006, 04:42 PM
The car has done so far 105656, and i have just taken it for another drive, with no problems.......i have booked it in for wednesday for a rescan.

Eshrules
02-11-2006, 03:38 PM
just a suggestion, you can get diy code readers now for as little as £30, get one and note the codes yourself, dont clear them, then send it in for its diagnositcs, you can ensure the garage is 1. doing the jobs they say they are and 2.diagnosing the fault correctly as fault codes can be interpreted several ways.

ray2002
02-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Just an update.......I took the car to a garage recommended by someone, he stuck it on the computer and the same report came up .....he told me it might be the reason why it's still juddering as the faults have not been cleared......so he cleared the faults and so far nothing has gone wrong.....will wait and see.

adamss24
02-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Faults stays in the memory even if the condition that set them dissapeared. You have something else going on with your car...I would have the garage check the camshaft as it directly actuates the injectors and the hard coating on the lobes wear out and will do similar symptoms- lack of power and juddering...but that will be all the time not intermitent. Your problem may be a sensor/ECU related one !

ray2002
03-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Right i see what your saying, im just waiting to see if this problem comes up again and then take it back to the garage.....When i got the garage to check it the first time the codes that came up were P0302 and P1256, thats when i was advised to change the injector....so what you are saying it might be a sensor problem??