PDA

View Full Version : vw exhaut waring lamp's on

xiangyu19
30-10-2006, 10:47 AM
Hi, could anyone give me some advice, please?

I left my new beetle 30 miles away from home last nite, coz the exhaust waring lamp(emission control?) is on. I am going to take it to a dealer to check. Is it safe to drive back and then take it to a dealer or it is better to go to a dealer near where I left my car? Do you think it may be a very serious problem?

Thanks a lot if anyone could help.

adamss24
30-10-2006, 11:05 AM
How many miles on the clock? Could be the lambda probe or one of the injectors not firing properly.It is not wise to drive like that because the catalyst may be soaked in unburnt fuel and get damaged but then again it could be just a sensor related problem... Have the car scaned for fault codes and post them on the forum.

xiangyu19
30-10-2006, 11:10 AM
it's a 2000's car and done about 48000 miles. Going to book a check for it. Just not sure if I should drive back to check or check it at where i left it. coz I went to see a friend yesterday and it's about 30 miles away. Hope it's just the sensor.....

xiangyu19
31-10-2006, 06:47 PM
went to a local independent vw centre and had strip and clean throttle body and re-adapt basic settings, cost 56 pounds. I think may be just a computer error......